Why do i keep falling over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be like me steff with veritgo or middle ear infection mention it tommorrow !!

Can you believe it did about 45 mins of cleaning sat and ate my lunch got up and bloody went again, dont worry if i didnt giver a jot yesterday i certainly do now ,

I wonder if it's blood-pressure related? Some people have a big drop in BP when they get up, which makes them feel light-headed and dizzy. Hope you find out what it is Steff, and that it's something easy to solve.🙂

Do you have high (or low) blood pressure at all? I'm told that could be a cause. And yes, you should see the doctor ASAP.

my bp was spot on she said last week.

I only ask because mine's always low and it's been suggested that could be the reason. Another possibility is medications, what are you on?

I only ask because mine's always low and it's been suggested that could be the reason. Another possibility is medications, what are you on?

metformin and glitlazine just 9 days in with that one though.

Well, unless it's the metformin I'm stumped, that's the only medication we're both on. I've been wondering if it could be the Simvastatin.

Well, unless it's the metformin I'm stumped, that's the only medication we're both on. I've been wondering if it could be the Simvastatin.

Ill sort it all out tomorrow ali and let you know what she comes up with x

Ill sort it all out tomorrow ali and let you know what she comes up with x

Good luck tomorrow Steph,
Check out the Syncope page here ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_episode

You might need an ECG to rule out cardio causes but surely you are too young foir that.
Like Northerner said it might be Orthostatic Hypotension - sudden drops in bp when standing up or exertion related.
Do you walk to shops when you have these episodes ?

Good luck tomorrow Steph,
Check out the Syncope page here ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_episode

You might need an ECG to rule out cardio causes but surely you are too young foir that.
Like Northerner said it might be Orthostatic Hypotension - sudden drops in bp when standing up or exertion related.
Do you walk to shops when you have these episodes ?

3 times out the 4 it has happened when i have been IN the shops, this afternoon i was indoors eating my lunch.

Postural hypotension is not unusual in diabetics, even if you're normally hypertensive. I feel faint on standing up sometimes (low BP) even though my BP is usually quite high. It's something your doc can test you for though and it's definitely something that should be mentioned to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back