Which is best, most accurate Glucose Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your accident @Stuart60

And the stresses you’ve had from differences to values you are getting from BG meters, there’s a table on the ‘useful links’ thread that shows the ranges allowable under ISO specification for various BG values, and they quickly become pretty substantial!

BG meter accuracy
It can be quite disconcerting for members new to self monitoring of blood glucose to get different results from BG readings taken close together, even when carefully following manufacturers guidance (washing hands etc). All meters for sale in the UK should comply with the following ISO standards 95% of the time, which allows a degree of variation (and 5% of results can read anything at all). If in any doubt, or if a reading doesn’t match how you are feeling, you should check again with a fresh strip.

Permitted blood glucose meter variation, upper and lower bounds, from range of BG results

My recollection from some old articles (not sure I still have the links) where there was some campaign work done in the US about meter variation, was that Contour Next XT, and Accuchek generally came out well in bench tests comparing consistency of BG meter results to lab values.

Not the article I was thinking of, but this 2017 paper looked at 17 meters across a range of BG levels and haemoglobin concentrations

The table shows MARD (mean absolute relative difference) from lab values of the same samples

1693812324044.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back