Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absurd statement. Surely those who "chose to frequently finger prick test" are the ones who most want to have good control and are actively involved in their own care.
My local ccg (Brighton & Hove High Weald Lewes Havens) have this same initial criteria but without the secondary (conflicting) statement.
I have just returned from my consultant review.
I have been granted a Libre on prescription.
I'm over the moon as I will now be able to view trends instead of spot readings, with the benefits this will bring to my own control.
Yes, I have to sign up to a contract that states I will make use of the readings... and reduce my test strip useage. Not exactly a difficult thing to agree to!
Apparently there is approx 6 week waiting list before my first "training session" and I am given my first sensor.
Interestingly the consultant refers to the first six months use of the Libre as a Trial Period and if the contract is broken the recipient will be removed - this I assume is to prevent the type of person who can't (or won't) help themselves.
I can't wait to get it, but realise I am also very lucky as it is definitely a postcode lottery.
Terrific news @zx10pilot ! 🙂

Brill news ! However - be aware it didn't actually provide either reliable or useful info for me - I used one sensor officially provided plus two that a kind soul on here donated, so I think that's enough to really 'see'. Terribly disappointed. I couldn't really use any less test strips - unless you test you blood with the pump meter, the algorithm to calculate the appropriate correction or bolus dose of insulin cannot work.

You can indeed work it all out manually but I'd rather not go back there again after 9 years not needing to do it!

I couldn't really use any less test strips - unless you test you blood with the pump meter, the algorithm to calculate the appropriate correction or bolus dose of insulin cannot work.

You can indeed work it all out manually but I'd rather not go back there again after 9 years not needing to do it!

I’ve always found that frustrating about Roche pumps. Im not sure if other ‘remotes’ like Omnipod allow you to input from another BG meter like Medtronic does. I’m rather relieved I can use any meter (eg if I lost my linked one and needed to fall back to a spare from the cupboard)

was at my clinic appointment on wed 7 march consultant mentioned flash but also said it was not approved yet in north lanarkshire but they would find out in approx 6 months and she asked if i was interested to which i replied i,d be first at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back