Where is everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...treat retirement like a job..."

When I first retired my response to that would have been, what are you insane? I hated my job that's why I retired. Now, after two and a half years I sort of get it, there is still stuff to do, nobody is making you do it so it's up to you to move yourself and get it done.

"...treat retirement like a job..."

When I first retired my response to that would have been, what are you insane? I hated my job that's why I retired. Now, after two and a half years I sort of get it, there is still stuff to do, nobody is making you do it so it's up to you to move yourself and get it done.
Whoa there! Does this mean that when I retire I'm going to have to take 'holiday' and go back into the office four weeks a year?

Hi , I am a member of a motoring forum and they are losing members on a regular basis.

I'm at the pool 3 times a week for aquafit, as I find just swimming boring. It's social and we have a good laugh and chat at the same time. Now COVID restrictions have eased, the coffee after classes, and lunches out have restarted.

I'm at the pool 3 times a week for aquafit, as I find just swimming boring. It's social and we have a good laugh and chat at the same time. Now COVID restrictions have eased, the coffee after classes, and lunches out have restarted.
Hi Felinia ,

I go swimming four times a week.The facility was well supported prior to a major refurbishment and of course Covid created its own problems.

The members did not return when the facility reopened and is now threatened with closure.

The Coffee establishments and restaurants are not doing well and a couple have closed recently.

The public houses are generally empty in the evening.

The local retail park carpark is full but no customers in the shops.

Hi Felinia ,

I go swimming four times a week.The facility was well supported prior to a major refurbishment and of course Covid created its own problems.

The members did not return when the facility reopened and is now threatened with closure.

The Coffee establishments and restaurants are not doing well and a couple have closed recently.

The public houses are generally empty in the evening.

The local retail park carpark is full but no customers in the shops.
That's a real shame. I'm lucky to have several pools within a 30 minute drive. One has closed for the reasons you stated, one is under threat, but the other two are very busy, with classes fully booked. I feel I'm very lucky.

I’m planning to go swimming again on Saturday but to try the lanes this time

There is often an aquarobics class going on in the small pool at my gym. Everyone seems to have a good time and the instructor has a very eclectic music selection. I suggested that she try Big Ten Inch Record by Dana Gillespie, a very upbeat song that is basically a knob gag. I've never heard her play it so I presume that she thought that it would be a bit too risque for the ladies in her class.

There is often an aquarobics class going on in the small pool at my gym. Everyone seems to have a good time and the instructor has a very eclectic music selection. I suggested that she try Big Ten Inch Record by Dana Gillespie, a very upbeat song that is basically a knob gag. I've never heard her play it so I presume that she thought that it would be a bit too risque for the ladies in her class.
One instructor has a great ABBA medley and another uses Status Quo Anniversary Waltz. We all sing along!

Too crook to do owt. :( My dream is to get back to walking to Sale and back for daily shop instead of getting the 19, but at the minute I'm moving between bed and recliner. Y'all seem to be fit as fiddles compared! :D

Too crook to do owt. :( My dream is to get back to walking to Sale and back for daily shop instead of getting the 19, but at the minute I'm moving between bed and recliner. Y'all seem to be fit as fiddles compared! :D
Wow what a small world. I live in Sale and the number 19 bus stops on Firs Road right near my house.o_O
Hello neighbor :D

Wow what a small world. I live in Sale and the number 19 bus stops on Firs Road right near my house.o_O
Hello neighbor :D
Us diabetics get everywhere! I'm from Stretford but when Mum passed I took over Mum's bungalow. 🙂 I sometimes get the 260 to shake things up a bit, I live a very little life, that bus drops me at my doorstop. I really must start walking again.

Pool closed all weekend for a gala :( so no swim today. To be fair I’m nackered anyway.

Hi Ditto , if I could suggest walking is a wonderful exercise that helps in may case has helped my life style.

I have two smashed discs in my back and an issue with muscles in my back. It's a lottery when I wake up if I can easily get out of bed , some morning are better than others but I always get up and go for my daily walk.

I have given extremely strong pain killers to help but I will only take for a maximum time of two days.They are very
additive.

Best to date is 21,000 steps with the benefit of reduced blood pressure and lower heart beat.I cannot run anymore due to a damaged knee.

Bit of a wreck but I keep going.

Now that I'm not under pressure to cover large distances swimming I've been swimming about a mile and then walking the indoor running track at the gym. Trying not to ogle all the girls with highly toned bottoms too much. I have a slightly niggly knee now which means that I can't do much running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back