What's your thoughts on this theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great numbers, but as Didzydi points out not legal for driving - and she may well need to drive first thing in the morning / before breakfast. So, hope you find a way to deal with your situation.

Ok I see so your dose was 12 units on the levemir only and now you are taking 12 (8 levemir and 4 novorapid). So it looks like the dose is more targeted where you need it now, with the mix of background and rapid.

Makes sense to slightly drop the levemir to wake you up 5-6, I'm personally happier there than waking up at 4.

Novorapidboi

I find it difficult to lose weight in spite of going to the gym and using a treadmill at home, my doctor deems it a success if I just maintain my weight 🙂
They acknowledge its the insulin that causes the problem now, which is a change from the past thinking. But I must admit at 71 years of age I maybe don't exercise nowadays as much as I should.

John
Hi John
I'm still new to all this having been diagnosed about 6 months ago but I got myself onto a DAFNE course. A few of the people on the course were able to dramatically reduce the amount of insulin they required. If you haven't already been on the course it might be worth thinking about????

Hi John
I'm still new to all this having been diagnosed about 6 months ago but I got myself onto a DAFNE course. A few of the people on the course were able to dramatically reduce the amount of insulin they required. If you haven't already been on the course it might be worth thinking about????

Hi Nix..

The problem is that the PCT in my area do not do the DAFNE course in this area, plus the fact they only send Type 1s on that course.
I am at the moment fighting the PCT with the help of my MP.over the lack of education for type 2s on Insulin.

John.

Re: ups and downs

Hi, I know what you mean. Yesterday morning my blood glucose was 2.9 two hours after eating and this morning at the same time, after eating the same thing ( porridge again - yuk ) it was 9.8. To be fair I was only diagnosed two weeks ago and started on a mega dose of metformin as the jury is still out on what type diabetes I have, apparently had it sooo long I`m displaying all different readings, auto-immune, fatty liver, under active thyroid etc. It`s really frustrating because I am trying so hard to keep it under control. I guess we`ll have to take it a day at a time. Good luck though and all the best xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back