Whats on your bedside cabinet/table

My phone, Lypsyl, various pills that I take before bed and when getting up, lots of lavender spray for my pillow, and balm for my pressure points, magnesium spray, ( I’m a rubbish sleeper so need all the help I can get). My current book, my reading glasses, Kendal mintcake, watch and diamond solitaire ring which I always remove before bed, a pot of random earrings, my journal, which I write in everynight, and a biro. Oh and always a glass of water on a really nice glass coaster that was a present from my youngest daughter from one her many holidays. May I add it’s a chest of drawers as opposed to a bedside cabinet hence the vast array of “stuff”!
Good game, good game! 😉
Let's hope that no burglars on here like the sound of your "diamond solitaire ring" 😉.

Let's hope that no burglars on here like the sound of your "diamond solitaire ring" 😉.
If they can get through the painted shut ancient sash window into my bedroom they’re welcome to it!

I have a small 3 drawer bedside unit. On the top is a touch lamp, phone stand & charger lead. Kindle, moisturiser and some toiletries. Used to keep tissues on the top but had to put them in a drawer because my cat kept shredding them.

My BP tablets, a pint of water, a couple of books, a small teddy bear (the Wife's).
Thats it.... I usually leave my phone downstairs at night. 🙂

My BP tablets, a pint of water, a couple of books, a small teddy bear (the Wife's).
Thats it.... I usually leave my phone downstairs at night. 🙂
My phone lives in another room at night too - on silent 🙂

Last edited:
Here’s mine

• Clock (technically a mini clock radio, but only ever used for the clock display)
  • Optimistically large stack of books
  • Lucozade bottle filled with full-sugar cola & pack of jelly babies
  • Phone charge cord plugged in below
  • Placemat for drink / water / cuppa when needed
  • Still unmade Miniature Airfix kit of the Mary Rose (i know, makes no sense to me either)
  • Smallish white ceramic pot / tray in the shape of a bath with various bit of detritus / wristbands / badges / guitar picks
  • Box of polaroid-style photos
  • Small stack of correspondence that I would lose if put tidily elsewhere

Do I win the prize for the most random and chaotic?

Here’s mine

• Clock (technically a mini clock radio, but only ever used for the clock display)
  • Optimistically large stack of books
  • Lucozade bottle filled with full-sugar cola & pack of jelly babies
  • Phone charge cord plugged in below
  • Placemat for drink / water / cuppa when needed
  • Still unmade Miniature Airfix kit of the Mary Rose (i know, makes no sense to me either)
  • Smallish white ceramic pot / tray in the shape of a bath with various bit of detritus / wristbands / badges / guitar picks
  • Box of polaroid-style photos
  • Small stack of correspondence that I would lose if put tidily elsewhere

Do I win the prize for the most random and chaotic?
Unfortunately your "Lucozade bottle filled with full-sugar cola" reminds me of the 'yuppies in peril' film 'The Hand that Rocks the Cradle', as an obvious target for a would-be murderer 😱.
1728228687997.png

Unfortunately your "Lucozade bottle filled with full-sugar cola" reminds me of the 'yuppies in peril' film 'The Hand that Rocks the Cradle', as an obvious target for a would-be murderer 😱.
View attachment 31845
I’m more concerned about the glasses of water next to the bed? They reckon dipping a sleeping person’s fingers in water makes em pee.

Forgot that I also have an old Samsung Galaxy tablet on my beside table.
But, I can't remember the last time I looked at it TBH.
I used to also have a Kindle by my bed, but I decided that I prefer to have "proper" books, so the Kindle has gone.

I have a 3 drawer chest next to the bed. On top I have a bedside light, container of table salt (in case of cramp in my feet), 2 kinds of pills that I take at bedtime, a glass of squash, Dextro tablets and airtight container of stem ginger cookies. Charging phone on Do not Disturb, charging PDM for the Omnipod 5. My kindle and my glasses. Oh and a smallish jewellery box containing (mostly) costume jewellery earrings along with a few proper jewellery ones and my iPad lives on top of that. Random really!

I have a 3 drawer chest next to the bed. On top I have a bedside light, container of table salt (in case of cramp in my feet), 2 kinds of pills that I take at bedtime, a glass of squash, Dextro tablets and airtight container of stem ginger cookies. Charging phone on Do not Disturb, charging PDM for the Omnipod 5. My kindle and my glasses. Oh and a smallish jewellery box containing (mostly) costume jewellery earrings along with a few proper jewellery ones and my iPad lives on top of that. Random really!
You're gonna need a bigger table

1728405865261.png

Touch activated bedside light, a packet of jelly babies and when I'm in bed my mobile phone, (which also doubles as my Libre alarm, although, it's never gone off, so I've no idea, what it sounds like or how loud it is), and my glasses.

Touch activated bedside light, a packet of jelly babies and when I'm in bed my mobile phone, (which also doubles as my Libre alarm, although, it's never gone off, so I've no idea, what it sounds like or how loud it is), and my glasses.
Like the minimalism. I set out with that in mind but other stuff I think I really need ends up on top with the rest.

A bedside lamp, TV remote, a charging pair of in-ear headphones, 3 books (Current book at Bedtime A Thousand Feasts by Nigel Slater, Dirt by Bill Buford & Patience Grey's autobiography Fasting & Feasting by Adam Federman) an old electricity bill and finally a Revo SuperSignal DAB+ tuned to Classic FM

Back