What would you do if your meters break on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @rayray119. The most likely reason your meters are playing up is that the batteries are on the way out - there is not a lot else that can go wrong providing you have not dropped it into a sink full of water. Some meters, I suspect, are better than others at giving you warning of their imminent demise.

I keep spare batteries with the meter so that in the event of a problem I can quickly put in new batteries to see if it comes back to life. It's worked for me a couple of times.

When it comes to batteries just get one out and look at the code on the back - it will say something like CR2032 - at least that is what mine are. Then order some up next time you are ordering something from your favourite online, sell everything, supplier. You can get half a dozen for what you would pay for one battery in a supermarket. Just make sure that when you put the new battery in it is the same way up as the one you take out.

Hi @rayray119. The most likely reason your meters are playing up is that the batteries are on the way out - there is not a lot else that can go wrong providing you have not dropped it into a sink full of water. Some meters, I suspect, are better than others at giving you warning of their imminent demise.

I keep spare batteries with the meter so that in the event of a problem I can quickly put in new batteries to see if it comes back to life. It's worked for me a couple of times.

When it comes to batteries just get one out and look at the code on the back - it will say something like CR2032 - at least that is what mine are. Then order some up next time you are ordering something from your favourite online, sell everything, supplier. You can get half a dozen for what you would pay for one battery in a supermarket. Just make sure that when you put the new battery in it is the same way up as the one you take out.
I tried different battities but unfortunately no luck but will no luck.

Did you try new ones - straight out of the packet?

Did you try new ones - straight out of the packet?
It might even be that the contacts are slightly bent and not making contact when new batteries are inserted. I half wonder if this is the issue with my Caresens as sometimes just taking the batteries out and swapping them over will help but I wonder if the heat from my body just causes enough expansion to make the contact solid.

@rayray119 The one where the test strips don't work..... is it an older model and perhaps the test strips you have now are not compatible?

It might even be that the contacts are slightly bent and not making contact when new batteries are inserted. I half wonder if this is the issue with my Caresens as sometimes just taking the batteries out and swapping them over will help but I wonder if the heat from my body just causes enough expansion to make the contact solid.

@rayray119 The one where the test strips don't work..... is it an older model and perhaps the test strips you have now are not compatible?
No as it was working fine with the same test strips earlier one in day just one of though. I will get a compellty new packet of batteries tomorrow just to see if that makes a difference.

Ah success ones of thems sundelly decided to start working now. At first when i put batteries in from a completely new packet there was no luck but then it decided it would work maybe it just went on strike for a bit 🙂.

Other one still has the issues though so do still a spare.

Also managed to confirm dexcom Is still accurate.

Last edited:
I’ve built up a stock of 3 that fit the strips I get, one regular daytime use one (that used to work with my old pump). One by my bed. And an emergecy spare one in the car glovebox in case I forget to bring one with me when driving 🙂

You saying that Mike about one in the car made me realise that I haven't changed the time on any of my meters yet.... Must do that now.

You saying that Mike about one in the car made me realise that I haven't changed the time on any of my meters yet.... Must do that now.
I must admit when admit when I happened to wake at 3am this and glacred at dexcom receiver my nighttime brain was confused for a minute why it was saying 4am when my phone said it was 3am. 🙂

Last edited:
So I received an email from from agamatrix wanting me to call them to discuss the issues I had(I'm half suspecting that's for them to try and convince to me it's not the metter giving previous correspondence with them but I may be wrong) today's not and a day I have time to hang around on hold so. I'm emailed them back deatitly the issures.

So I received an email from from agamatrix wanting me to call them to discuss the issues I had(I'm half suspecting that's for them to try and convince to me it's not the metter giving previous correspondence with them but I may be wrong) today's not and a day I have time to hang around on hold so. I'm emailed them back deatitly the issures.
The company may just feel a voice call might clarify what the issue is with your meter?
I had an issue with a purchased unit delivered by currier, once. Emailed the issue with an inoperative button. And after a phone conversation to clarify they arranged to pick the unit up from my place of work. By the time I got home, they sent a new unit. 🙂

The company may just feel a voice call might clarify what the issue is with your meter?
I had an issue with a purchased unit delivered by currier, once. Emailed the issue with an inoperative button. And after a phone conversation to clarify they arranged to pick the unit up from my place of work. By the time I got home, they sent a new unit. 🙂
Yeah I didn't explain what the issue was in the first email i idid I was going of previous emails with this when with meter before they were after telling them I had put new battities in this particular meter.they were "it seems more likely to be a battery issue as the metters fairly new" if not replied by the time I get in from my appointment this morning I'll give a call if I have time before my my doctor's appointment this afternoon.

Yeah I didn't explain what the issue was in the first email i idid I was going of previous emails with this when with meter before they were after telling them I had put new battities in this particular meter.they were "it seems more likely to be a battery issue as the metters fairly new" if not replied by the time I get in from my appointment this morning I'll give a call if I have time before my my doctor's appointment this afternoon.
At least ask for a spare meter from them, if one of your meters is actually broke?
Good luck with your appointment.

I think you would be better to speak to them, no disrespect but sometimes it is hard to make out what you mean with what you write. You could then make it clear what the problem is.

I think you would be better to speak to them, no disrespect but sometimes it is hard to make out what you mean with what you write. You could then make it clear what the problem is.
Actually I'm alot more comfortable by email then by phone I'm not good on the phone to people with people I don't know. And they just replied telling me that serial number of the meters. It might seem to you here that I would be better on the phone but I know with this situation it's better by email(that's not criticism just an explanation🙂)

Last edited:
Well they are sending me another one but they still said "we can tell by the serial numbers the metters arnt very old" maybe it's not intended how it sounds but I don't think theres any need to say that broken is broken no meter how old or new it is.

Well it seems like the other one that decided to work for bit as has decided to not work again so I just emailed the company asking them to replace this one as well. But I think I will take a trip down to the hospital tomorrow and just explain neither of my meters seem toworking and see if they could give me one well I wait from the replacements from the company it's never been a problem before although this time they might not as ita a only a few weeks ago I picked one from so this seem quite odd ita broken allready.

I'm posted some messages on another thread but realized it should probably go in it's theard.

So this morning both meters in one way or another decided they would pack in.). And I currently have nothing to back my dexcom up if I needed over the weekend.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and what you have done about it or have you waited until you were able to get one(weather from the manufacturer from your hospital) and just go a few says purely going of what your seasor says?
Yes I went to Boots and bought a new meter when this happened to me.

Well it seems like the other one that decided to work for bit as has decided to not work again so I just emailed the company asking them to replace this one as well. But I think I will take a trip down to the hospital tomorrow and just explain neither of my meters seem toworking and see if they could give me one well I wait from the replacements from the company it's never been a problem before although this time they might not as ita a only a few weeks ago I picked one from so this seem quite odd ita broken allready.
Well actually it seems like there might be no need to go and bother the hospital because of this email today "

I am sorry to hear the 2nd meter isn’t working either.

You should receive a WaveSense JAZZ™ WIRELESS meter today, but I will post another out today for you as a spare.

Inside the package will be a returns envelope, pre-addressed and pre-paid.

If you would kindly pop them in the post back to us, we just need the meters, no batteries or anything else, and we will send them off for checking.

Many thanks for your help with this".

Happy days so I'll at least wait until the afternoon to see if it comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back