What to eat for breakfast ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, where do I buy that granola Keto. I will pay it if he can eat it. Which make is high protein low carb yogurt ? For breakfast today he had one high meat sausage , two flat mushrooms and two tinned toms. It still rose up but he had no bread or cereal. His tummy growled all morning.
I buy the Keto Hana granola from Amazon, there are several flavours, they are about 10g carb per 100g but I mix half and half with a low sugar granola like Lizi's which is about 45g carb per 100g which makes it about 5.5g carb for a 20g portion etc.
The protein yoghurts are available in most supermarkets Arla or Aldi again different flavours, low carb, low fat but high protein and also the Kvarg deserts, quark based also low carb.

As @Lucyr explained, you are still relying on the Libre sensor even though you are using too different devices to read it and if the sensor is compressed or compromised in some other way it it not reliable. It really is important to double check with a finger prick with those night time hypo alarms particularly. Even if the reader and phone app give 2 slightly different different results (because they use slightly different algorithms) they are still taking their data from the sensor which is affected by lying on it.
I know finger pricking is a pain in the backside once you are used to scanning, but please understand that there was a time when people had to collect a sample of urine, boil it up in a test tube with a reagent and compare the colour it went to a chart, to get their levels....and these people still survived diabetes and thrived. We are spoilt with our current technology, so please don't complain or avoid having to finger prick occasionally as we are incredibly lucky to have the technology we have, but it is important to understand it's limitations and not rely on it too heavily. Eating biscuits or jelly babies in the night when you don't need to can set you on a rollercoaster and make the following day's readings all to pot as well, so only treating actual hypos which have been verified with a finger prick test helps you to keep your husband's levels more stable.

we are so grateful for both the replies we had. 2.30 am reader alarm went off. Hardly heard it , its so quiet no volume control just off on.
Hello @Mafanwy,
Like yourselves I find the volume on my Reader unsatisfactory at night and when doing things in the garage or garden. So I have a low cost method of amplifying the volume: I stand it on top of a former plastic container, with something inside to give it a little weight and stability and the lid on. I found a pot that the lid is big enough to contain the Reader inside the rim of the top of the lid. I have vibrate switched on and the combination of sound + vibrate is noticeably louder. It always wakes me, where previously it didn't.

On the other hand, at least in daytime and sitting peacefully I find the alarm volume acceptable and would not want it any louder or more intrusive. Its a shame the Reader has only one setting for volume (on or off) - but necessity is the mother of invention! Incidentally I've gradually abandoned any shirts that don't have a breast pocket, my preferred home for the Reader. The vibration alerts me, even if the sound doesn't.

In the garden I put my reader in an enamel mug, which has the advantage of protecting and amplifying. It's also much easier to respond to, than rummaging in trouser or jacket pockets to get to it with possible muddy hands or gardening gloves; often I don't even have to take my gloves off to get a scan. I've tied a couple of coloured ribbons onto the handle which is a huge help in finding it after I've drifted away (while weeding for example) from where I last left it! We don't have a massive garden, but enough nooks and crannies to make "find the Reader" a stressful game.

For breakfast today he had one high meat sausage , two flat mushrooms and two tinned toms. It still rose up but he had no bread or cereal. His tummy growled all morning.
Give him two high meat content sausages next time then.
What did his levels go up to?
BG levels are affected by so many things it would be unnatural for them not to go up and down a bit.
Can you post a photo of his Libre graph showing how much it is rising so we can see if it is reasonable or possible needs some adjustment of his medication.
Did you see my message about injecting his morning insulin earlier (before he gets out of bed) to see if that slows down the morning rise?

Evening lovely folks,
I am hoping you can come up with some ideas on what to give my hubby for breakfast. The nutritionist has not been a lot of help. Her answer was eat vegetables With a slice of toast. Who the heck wants to eat veg for breakfast. I suppose some might , but my hubby certainly wont. His face was a picture. He cannot eat eggs, he does not eat fish.Before this nightmare began he had cereal and a slice of toast. We tried everything we could find that was lowest on carbs shreddies , weetabix , porridge , cornflakes sugar shot up like a rocket. So then we reduced it size wise till it was not worth dirtying the dish, 30g is nothing and left him very hungr sausage and two Tbs of no added sugar baked beans, shot up to 17. Tried ditto bread with a slice of edam on top went up to 15. Was told to eat real porridge at night to prevent the hypos of 3.5 during night. Had little effect but have it in the morning boom up it shoots. Today he got told no bread have mushrooms and toms and a sausage. That will not fill his tummy. She said how. About french toast ? Thats eggs so no. He wont eat greek style yogurt and does not want fruit for breakfast. She had ruled out bananas and apples and in the next breath said nothing is off limits. Just watch potions size.
Totally utterly confused .com now. I am following the exact same diet as him. I just cannot sit in front of him eating stuff he wants and cannot have.
A favourite breakfast of mine at the moment is creamy mushrooms on toast. I use the low carb Liv life bread and Philadelphia lowest fat cheese with herbs. I love it and really low carb breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back