What Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess some nurses would know but some may not. You could ask and also research it can change as your blood sugar does but Hba1c is supposed to be over 3 months so I would try and reduce that to the goal of I will say 48 I sit on the fence I think over 48 is diabetic and they like you to be below that but it can be lower for some.

Peanuts are actually legumes so it always puzzled me that people could be allergic to peanuts but are fine with peas and beans.
I am always baffled by allergies, not good if you have them. I however would not have dreamed on peas as icecream

Would it be an idea to ask my DN about Insulin Resistance and if they’ll arrange to find out if I am and by how much? Also, would it vary on the day of the test?
There is not really a specific test for insulin resistance, what there is is mainly used for research purposes as it involves injecting somebody with insulin and taking frequent blood samples to see how the body uses that insulin to reduce blood glucose. So not really practical as a routine test.
The problem is if people are insulin resistant then they are producing insulin but it is not being used effectively to metabolise the carb they eat so blood glucose is high so the pancreas produces more insulin which brings down blood glucose but that can make people feel hungry so they eat more carbs and so the cycle is repeated. So rather than not producing enough insulin the insulin resistance makes the body over produce insulin. Well that is one theory (according to Dr Jason Fung) which some disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back