What I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing your dogpoo metaphor @spell - yes, I can understand why you think that’s apt. Diabetes is a pain and demands a whole schedule of tedious chores, like your hypothetic poo piles that interrupt your day. But, although we can’t remove the chores/poo deposits, we can maybe make them easier to deal with, even if only a tiny bit.

For poo, wear gloves and try to limit the quantity; for Type 1 try to get the basal right(ish) and then look at your meals. Even if you can only face a small effort, you can still hopefully make some improvements. You don’t need to aim for perfection. Any improvement is good. High and/or wildly fluctuating blood sugars can make you feel like, well, cr*p. It really can help to get them down a bit because then you’ll feel a bit better.

Yes I could try that,but having had no sense of smell or taste for many years food is of no interest to me, pretty much the same thing every day,as long as it's really sweet or salty ,if I ever get my senses back it could be a good idea.
There is no reason not to eat salty or sweet foods as long as you are getting your insulin dose correct for what you eat.
Salted peanuts, peanut butter or marmite on a slice of toast. You could try some of the recipes on the website sugarfreelondoner for cakes, biscuits and puddings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back