What foods play havoc with your blood sugar levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just working things out, (dx about a month ago), but Chinese takeaway seems to have a bad effect, as does Pizza, and for some reason this mornings breakfast sent the levels absolutely through the roof (up to about 18) which is odd as it was the same breakfast that I had yesterday, and the day before that...

Bread!

:( Bread does it for me - any kind is bad, but a French baguette is the worst! Only one little bit sends me up - and I LOVE it! Fruit is not good, either. Only have juice to stave off a hypo!

:( Bread does it for me - any kind is bad, but a French baguette is the worst! Only one little bit sends me up - and I LOVE it! Fruit is not good, either. Only have juice to stave off a hypo!

It's soooo cruel - I love a baguette! 😱

funnily re chinese i had one sunday night ...very nice and woke up to a 6.7 in the morn...normally im 7.2 and have tried allsorts to eat at night to lower it in morn .....but chinese food did the trick ??? shows how different we all can be?🙂

Hello,

I find shortcrust pastry in pies and batter on fish from the chip shop can raise my BG a lot.

I need to take plenty of insulin to cover these.

NiVZ

Bread, especially white, wholegrain isn't so bad. Pasta, spuds, bananas ( :( ), parsnips, whole milk and fully loaded or diet fizzy drinks - it doesn't seem to matter which. On the plus side I can eat as many berries and sweet potatoes as I want and not get too high. I've been doing the low carb thing since diagnosis and I've noticed that if I have a 'day off' and eat more carbs than I would normally my numbers shoot through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back