What does everyone drink if cant drink water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For instance, looking on their website - the Stockwell brand of blackcurrant and apple is 0.1g carb per 250 ml glass, the own brand quadruple concentrate sugar free summer fruits is 0.6g per 300ml glass

Apologies if I contributed to the confusion. My criticism of "no added sugar" was largely targeted at fruit juices, which are generally both high in carbs & those carbs being mostly sugar to start with. So apple or orange juice with no added sugar is still heavily laden with the stuff.

With squashes & cordials it's much less of an issue because you're diluting with water. But check that "no added sugar" doesn't mean that it's full of artificial sweeteners instead. As overdoing these can be detrimental in other areas.

For carbonated drinks there should be plenty of options in "sugar free", including cheap own-brands. But again the sugar will have been replaced with artificial sweeteners.

As you were looking for a water substitute, thereby implying you'd be consuming a lot, that is why I was urging caution.

I'd suggest researching potential purchases on Tesco's web site ahead of your next shop. It's better to go armed with knowing what's OK rather than trying to make decisions on the hoof, while peering at tiny text.

Hi in supermarket now and all bottles of tescos own and juice seems to have no added sugar, can't seem to find anything with sugar free, is it me being daft, help again.
Thanks
Check the labels, the sugar content of most no added sugar is tiny and not a concern

If I'm feeling fancy I'll fill a big jug with water and put lemons and cucumber in it and drink throughout the day - no sugars/chemicals and tastes good! Sometimes I find sweeteners still make my bloods go up, weirdly..

I find that a squirt of lemon juice in a glass of water is quite good. A bottle can last a couple of weeks.

IMG_20230224_170446_760.jpg

My son likes the sugar free Tovali range. We bulk order from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back