What are your least favourite films of all time

I thought Armaggedon was kind of fun.

I also thought the LOTR movies were tedious nonsense, so chalk me up as weird 🙂

My heart goes out to you @Ivostas66 that you had to endure the Cinematic car crash that was "Armageddon"...that film was too long,too loud and was a massive waste of great Hollywood talent(well except for Ben Affleck...I've never been a big fan of his)and this person who took you to see it was your friend?...taking you to see this film was bad enough but then they took you to see the absolutely terrible "The Postman"..that's a couple of hours of your life you'll never see again...Everyone thinks "Waterworld"is the worst film Kevin Costner has made but I disagree...at least "Waterworld" made money at the box office...The Postman made absolutely nothing at the box office and Is in my opinion one of the top ten worst films of the nineteen nineties.
When we were at uni I took my mates to see a double bill at the local cinema - Pulp Fiction (first week it was being shown) followed by Reservoir Dogs. Not many people knew about Tarantino at that time, but I had read it was immense. We all loved it, but my mate complained he couldn't follow the timeline, "hang on, I thought he was dead already?"

 Hello again my dear friends....

Yesterday I started a thread called "Whats your top ten favourite films of all time " and now it's time to ask for your least favourite films of all time...these are the films that really get on your wick...the lowest of the low...and to start off here's just some of mine...
1. Showgirls(I remember walking out of a preview screening of this half an hour into it...it has no redeeming quality. It's an cinematic nightmare)
2. Striptease
3.The New York Ripper(this film,directed by Italian Lucio Fulci and released in 1982 is the worst horror film ive ever seen...it's truly terrible)
4.Cats(They shouldn't have made this iconic musical into an film...it was a massive waste of talent and resources)
And....
5. Raise The Titanic(
The best thing you can say about this terrible film is that it had a great John Barry score)

Well that's my short list of the worst films I've ever seen...now it's over to you to tell me yours.
Glad you did this.

Pretty woman.
Plan nine from outer space. (So bad, it was actually “good.”)
The Happiness of the Katakuris. (Sort of “sound of music” meets zombie flesh eater?)
Dark star.
Dune.
Tank Girl.
Dick Tracy.
Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy. (Not in the spirit of the book.)
Conan the barbarian.

The woman king. (Originally impressed. Then I read the actual history of the protagonist?)
One million years BC.
Weird science.
Anything with “transformers”
Anything with James Cordon.

La La Land (gave up half-way)
The Avengers (with Randolph Fiennes as John Steed)
Most of the films made by 60's pop stars.

And numerous sequels made kin a bid to cash in!
So interesting choices you make here @MikeyBikey ....A lot of people would think you were nuts hating "La La Land"but I'm not one of them...it's nowhere as good as people think it is and it definitely wouldn't have deserved the best picture Oscar it was up for(thank goodness the Oscar committee choose Moonlight as that years best picture)...as for the absolute cinematic disgrace that was "The Avengers" be grateful you didn't review the film...it's in my top five worst movies of the nineteen nineties.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Film Musicals if I'm honest, although I do like Grease, so go figure?

Glad you did this.

Pretty woman.
Plan nine from outer space. (So bad, it was actually “good.”)
The Happiness of the Katakuris. (Sort of “sound of music” meets zombie flesh eater?)
Dark star.
Dune.
Tank Girl.
Dick Tracy.
Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy. (Not in the spirit of the book.)
Conan the barbarian.

The woman king. (Originally impressed. Then I read the actual history of the protagonist?)
One million years BC.
Weird science.
Anything with “transformers”
Anything with James Cordon.
Now this is an interesting list @Satan’s little helper...some people will think you are nuts having "Pretty Woman" and "Avatar" in the list...but I'm not one of them even though I consider these two movies to be really good...but instead let's focus on a few movies I don't think much of...starting off with Plan 9 from Outer Space...this infamous film was directed by the legendary director of bad movies Edward Wood JR...and yes it is so bad it's good...plus it was the last film the legendary Bela Lugosi ever made(He died during the making of the film so Mr Wood JR had to use footage of Lugosi he shot to finish the film)..but if want to learn more about this seterrible film maker watch Tim Burtons really excellent film "Ed Wood"with Johnny Depp as Ed Wood and an Oscar winning Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi(he steals the film from Depp in my opinion)...secondly you have "Dark Star" I have to agree with you here despite the fact it was the first film directed by John Carpenter...it really isn't a great film in any way...and finally You say any film with "Transformers"in it...they are basically loud,big screen adverts for the toys themselves..and nothing else.

Last edited:
Now this is an interesting list @Satan’s little helper...some people will think you are nuts having "Pretty Woman" and "Avatar" in the list...but I'm not one of them even though I consider these two movies to be really good...but instead let's focus on a few movies I don't think much of...starting off with Plan 9 from Outer Space...this infamous film was directed by the legendary director of bad movies Edward Wood JR...and yes it is so bad it's good...plus it was the last film the legendary Bela Lagosi ever made(He died during the making of the film so Mr Wood JR had to use footage of Lagosi he shot to finish the film)..but if want to learn more about this seterrible film maker watch Tim Burtons really excellent film "Ed Wood"with Johnny Depp as Ed Wood and an Oscar winning Martin Landau as Bela Lagosi(he steals the film from Depp in my opinion)...secondly you have "Dark Star" I have to agree with you here despite the fact it was the first film directed by John Carpenter...it really isn't a great film in any way...and finally You say any film with "Transformers"in it...they are basically loud,big screen adverts for the toys themselves..and nothing else.
Avatar, is “a man called horse,” “Dances with wolves.” “Pocahontas” “last Samurai” in space. I saw it in 3D. It left me cold. Even Sigourney Weaver looked bored? & I can watch her torch aliens till the cows come home. 🙂

Now this is an interesting list @Satan’s little helper...some people will think you are nuts having "Pretty Woman" and "Avatar" in the list...but I'm not one of them even though I consider these two movies to be really good...but instead let's focus on a few movies I don't think much of...starting off with Plan 9 from Outer Space...this infamous film was directed by the legendary director of bad movies Edward Wood JR...and yes it is so bad it's good...plus it was the last film the legendary Bela Lagosi ever made(He died during the making of the film so Mr Wood JR had to use footage of Lagosi he shot to finish the film)..but if want to learn more about this seterrible film maker watch Tim Burtons really excellent film "Ed Wood"with Johnny Depp as Ed Wood and an Oscar winning Martin Landau as Bela Lagosi(he steals the film from Depp in my opinion)...secondly you have "Dark Star" I have to agree with you here despite the fact it was the first film directed by John Carpenter...it really isn't a great film in any way...and finally You say any film with "Transformers"in it...they are basically loud,big screen adverts for the toys themselves..and nothing else.
It's such a shame what happened to Bela Lugosi - despite all the help that Karloff tried to give him.

Avatar, is “a man called horse,” “Dances with wolves.” “Pocahontas” “last Samurai” in space. I saw it in 3D. It left me cold. Even Sigourney Weaver looked bored? & I can watch her torch aliens till the cows come home. 🙂
I'm reminded of Groucho Marx: "I'll dance with you until the cows come home ... on second thoughts, I'll dance with the cows until you come home!".

Last edited:
It's such a shame what happened to Bela Lugosi - despite all the help that Karloff tried to give him.
I agree @CliffH...Bela Lugosis story,especially during his later years, was particularly sad and his friend and rival Boris Karloff did so much for him but ultimately it was too late.

I nearly went to see 'Crash' because I like James Spader :rofl:
I am a big fan of David Cronenberg but I really don't like "Crash" for the simple reason the nexus of the story, people getting sexual thrills from car crashes,is just too controversial a subject for a film....and besides in London you couldn't see it since Westminster Council issued a ban stopping any cinema from showing it.

I'm reminded of Groucho Marx: "I'll dance with you until the cows come home ... on second thoughts, I'll dance with the cows until you come home!" :rofl:.
Sorry to be contraire on this movie. Had 3 hours to kill (or suspend belief) with a mate at a cinema complex. We both thought it sucked. Mining for “unobtainium?” Give me a break. It also (pulling at straws.) ripped off the blue Smurfs? Gargamel created Smurfette to lure the Smurfs into his castle. (To eat or something? Maybe obtain the Smurf power?) It was an infiltration by the humans into this alien species? Which went wrong when the protagonist fell in “love with the lifestyle. Bit like Smurfette. “Pop culture” defiled.

Not a fan of Film Musicals if I'm honest, although I do like Grease, so go figure?
You're not a fan of musicals but you like "Grease"?..interesting..
well one person you wouldn't get on with Is my older sister because she suffered the indignity of being taken to the local cinema in Wokingham Berkshire in 1978 by the teachers of her boarding school.My sister told many times that she fell asleep during the film.

Last edited:
You're not a fan of musicals but you like "Grease"?..interesting..
well one you wouldn't get on with Is my older sister because she suffered the indignity of being taken to the local cinema in Wokingham Berkshire in 1978 by the teachers of her boarding school.My sister told many times that she fell asleep during the film.
'Grease' benefits from having yet another underrated actor in it. Once again, Tarantino used 'Pulp Fiction' to remind people of great actors/performances of the past.

I thought Armaggedon was kind of fun.

I also thought the LOTR movies were tedious nonsense, so chalk me up as weird 🙂
You thought "Armageddon "was kind of fun @Eddy Edson ?..well you and my older sister would get on well because she likes that film...however when it comes to the "Lord of the Rings"films you couldn't be more different...she absolutely loves the whole Middle Earth thing.

La La Land (gave up half-way)
The Avengers (with Randolph Fiennes as John Steed)
Most of the films made by 60's pop stars.

And numerous sequels made kin a bid to cash in!
I like musicals generally but I was sooo bored during LaLa Land. I did get to the end but I think I dozed through most of it!

My two least favourite films: Sleepers and Pulp Fiction. Not because I think they're dreadful or poorly acted but because they are two films I found 'haunted' me for weeks afterwards. I can't say why as I have watched other films that have been disturbing or horrific which haven't bothered me in the same way.

'Grease' benefits from having yet another underrated actor in it. Once again, Tarantino used 'Pulp Fiction' to remind people of great actors/performances of the past.
You are right about that @CliffH...John Travoltas career was in freefall when Quentin Tarantino cast him as Vincent Vega in "Pulp Fiction "....but I don't think he cast Travolta in the film because of "Grease" he cast him in "Pulp Fiction" because he didn't want to see him in another "Talking Baby(Look whose talking),movie".

You are right about that @CliffH...John Travoltas career was in freefall when Quentin Tarantino cast him as Vincent Vega in "Pulp Fiction "....but I don't think he cast Travolta in the film because of "Grease" he cast him in "Pulp Fiction" because he didn't want to see him in another "Talking Baby(Look whose talking),movie".
I just assumed that Tarantino realised how undeservedly-low Travolta's reputation as an actor was at that point, perhaps because of his 'unconventional' personal life. I re-watched 'Saturday Night Fever' (the non-'PG' version) last weekend: Travolta carries the film single-handedly and his dancing (especially considering that he wasn't a dancer in real life) is out of this world.

I just assumed that Tarantino realised how undeservedly-low Travolta's reputation as an actor was at that point, perhaps because of his 'unconventional' personal life. I re-watched 'Saturday Night Fever' (the non-'PG' version) last weekend: Travolta carries the film single-handedly and his dancing (especially considering that he wasn't a dancer in real life) is out of this world.
I completely agree with you when it comes to the non-,pc version of "Saturday Night fever" @CliffH . His performance in that film is truly iconic.

I like musicals generally but I was sooo bored during LaLa Land. I did get to the end but I think I dozed through most of it!

My two least favourite films: Sleepers and Pulp Fiction. Not because I think they're dreadful or poorly acted but because they are two films I found 'haunted' me for weeks afterwards. I can't say why as I have watched other films that have been disturbing or horrific which haven't bothered me in the same way.
I have a similar reaction to the film 'Seven': there are lots of bits about it that I like but I'm too squeamish to cope with other bits of it :( .

Back