What are our hobbies and pastimes whilst managing diabetes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main hobby is cooking so I have been thoroughly enjoying adapting recipes into very low carb versions and eating the results. I also enjoy turning my recipes into cook books and I am busy putting my next one together at the moment.

Then I love going into virtual reality via my Quest 2 headset and either working out or visiting places in the world or meditating on a beach or going to a cinema or theatre in virtual reality. It is like having a Star Trek Holodeck at home and it has made a huge positive difference to my health and well being since I got it. Sometimes I meet up in VR with my son who lives hundreds of miles away and we play a game of golf together.
I like wire wrapping and beading but I don't do so much of that any more because I only have ten fingers and two ears and one neck and I have made enough stuff that I like that I don't need any more. I make things for friends sometimes.

I write and publish poetry and I am currently excited about having three of my poetry books being sent to the moon as part of a NASA project. I was amazed when I was asked to agree to my books being included - they will be part of a huge archive of art and literature and film and music which will be sent into space in a time capsule except shrunk down into very tiny format that will survive for hundreds/maybe thousands of years as a record of humanity.

So even though I am a housebound hermit I will still have a part of me that is going into space!! It is pretty amazing and I can hardly believe it.

My main hobby is cooking so I have been thoroughly enjoying adapting recipes into very low carb versions and eating the results. I also enjoy turning my recipes into cook books and I am busy putting my next one together at the moment.

Then I love going into virtual reality via my Quest 2 headset and either working out or visiting places in the world or meditating on a beach or going to a cinema or theatre in virtual reality. It is like having a Star Trek Holodeck at home and it has made a huge positive difference to my health and well being since I got it. Sometimes I meet up in VR with my son who lives hundreds of miles away and we play a game of golf together.
I like wire wrapping and beading but I don't do so much of that any more because I only have ten fingers and two ears and one neck and I have made enough stuff that I like that I don't need any more. I make things for friends sometimes.

I write and publish poetry and I am currently excited about having three of my poetry books being sent to the moon as part of a NASA project. I was amazed when I was asked to agree to my books being included - they will be part of a huge archive of art and literature and film and music which will be sent into space in a time capsule except shrunk down into very tiny format that will survive for hundreds/maybe thousands of years as a record of humanity.

So even though I am a housebound hermit I will still have a part of me that is going into space!! It is pretty amazing and I can hardly believe it.
That is awesome! Congrats! :D

Absolutely amazing x

I was a keen bridge player, used to play 3 times a week with my mum at our local club, we won several trophies and even got mentioned in the paper once, but sadly my mum died in 2018 and before that she developed Alzheimer's, in fact I remember playing at the club with her and realising she had forgotten how to play, I cant face going back to the club as we were affectionately known as the girls by the other players. My mum encouraged me to take the hobby up when I was 31 with 3 young children as I never went anywhere for me, started off one night a week and then as the children got older we played more often and competitively, but that part of my life always belongs to my lovely mum, we were not typical players, never argued always laughed and joked through the games. It was a lovely part of my life and I am forever grateful to my mum for introducing me to it. I do play online at Bridgebase but wont go back to the clubs, too many memories (20 years of them)

I was a keen bridge player, used to play 3 times a week with my mum at our local club, we won several trophies and even got mentioned in the paper once, but sadly my mum died in 2018 and before that she developed Alzheimer's, in fact I remember playing at the club with her and realising she had forgotten how to play, I cant face going back to the club as we were affectionately known as the girls by the other players. My mum encouraged me to take the hobby up when I was 31 with 3 young children as I never went anywhere for me, started off one night a week and then as the children got older we played more often and competitively, but that part of my life always belongs to my lovely mum, we were not typical players, never argued always laughed and joked through the games. It was a lovely part of my life and I am forever grateful to my mum for introducing me to it. I do play online at Bridgebase but wont go back to the clubs, too many memories (20 years of them)
I lost my dad and mum to dementia , absolutely horrific illness

I watch TV, listen to a daft number of podcasts. My love is dancing social tango (which includes milonga and vals, and (occasionally) canjengue, candombe).

Walking, reading, listening to music, strollercise and painting flower pots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back