Weetabix spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one Weetabix in warm milk (hate it in cold milk, it's 'flaky' and makes me cough!) most mornings, it's more than enough and doesn't spike me at all. Neither does cornflakes or rice crispies - but there again I only ever have what works out to approx. 20g of carbs-worth, including the milk, whatever I have.

If I found that didn't satisfy me - if I had a manual job or was T2 or something - I'd stick to protein and not bother with carbs at all first thing.

I am suffering from a large spike after breakfast. With weetabix which I thought being complex would help. Yesterday we were out of them so I weighed out my sons co co pops to be the equivalent number of carbs thinking I would get a worse spike. Nope nothing perfect results. Argh. If anyone has any better recommendations for breakfast it would be great as I am currently off toast which was my previous choice.
I've just had this too despite not usually having a spike after eating it. BM was 12 and within 1 hour it was 20.8

I've just had this too despite not usually having a spike after eating it. BM was 12 and within 1 hour it was 20.8

Welcome to the forum @metallica19732000

I don’t think @Medusa will see your reply, as they haven’t been on the forum for 5 years now.

Sorry to hear weetabix doesn’t suit you - many people with diabetes find breakfast cereals very difficult to manage unfortunately.

On the porridge front - i use the Oats so simple stuff - in sachets - open sachet leg in bowl measure milk into the now empty packet to the line - whang in the microwave - 2 mins ding its rdy and hot and nice. So no need for the overnight soak. Easy peasy im a blike and can manage that b4 i go to work lol
I find the Oats So Simple packets very high in sugar.
That said, if it doesn't spike your levels, no need to change. We are all different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back