We have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Blimey! The pressure's on, isnt it? You all expect me to get below 6.0 for my HbA1c - here are the guesses so far (and all different!):

1. katie: 5.3
  2. Nikki: 5.1
  3. aymes: 5.7
  4. steff: 5.5
  5. runner: 5.8

I'm personally going to guess 5.4...but I really don't know what to expect. I have an idea, of course, from looking at my average meter readings - but any of you could be correct. If it's over 6.0 then I'm giving up and not having diabetes any more!😱

Yesterday was another (almost) perfect day: 5.2 waking, 5.9 lunch, 6.7 tea (and more beer too!), and 4.7 before bed, although I did drop to 3.6 about 3 hours after my tea so that's why it wasn't perfect. I woke to 5.3 this morning. I think it's the morning readings that I'm happiest with - I have been in the low 5's every morning for the past week, which gives me such confidence that my lantus couldn't be better (for now!)🙂

I will guess at 5.2 - because you do seem to be always on the lower side Northerner. How many hypo's do you have in a typical week?🙂Bev

...and the winner is...Bev! Yup, just been to get my HbA1c and it is 5.2%! I'm rather chuffed with that - previous one was 5.3%, so pretty similar, but this one had fewer 'swings' as most meter readings were closer to my range.

Kidneys, urine and liver also fine, although blood pressure was a bit high - she didn't put my medication dose up though, so that's good. I think it's probably due to all those cold beers in the hot afternoons that I've been having recently, have to lay off them for a bit!

I still get nauseous in the mornings though, so she suggested that I take my aspirin in the evening to see if that is really the culprit. Also, she checked out a little lump that I have developed on the palm of my hand - said it was due to a thickening of the fascia and more common in diabetics. Not a problem, but if it starts to get bigger and affect my fingers I might have to have a small op.

Hurrah! I also gave her a poster for the site, so hopefully she will put it up in the surgery🙂

wow well done alan

and good on bev you got it right ha

dammit! I was going to agree with Bev and say 5.2% as well, then I scrolled down! Agghhrr shucks....

Well done. What an HbA1c to have! I bet there arent many who can say that. I wonder what the lowest HbA1c is?? Or if anyones ever actually managed to have it?? Weird.

Congrats N x

Hi Northerner...

Bev beat me to that was going to say 5.2...:D

Thats a brilliant reading...well done...hope you going to celebrate with a nice Yorkshire pint

Heidi
🙂

...and the winner is...Bev! Yup, just been to get my HbA1c and it is 5.2%! I'm rather chuffed with that - previous one was 5.3%, so pretty similar, but this one had fewer 'swings' as most meter readings were closer to my range.

Kidneys, urine and liver also fine, although blood pressure was a bit high - she didn't put my medication dose up though, so that's good. I think it's probably due to all those cold beers in the hot afternoons that I've been having recently, have to lay off them for a bit!

I still get nauseous in the mornings though, so she suggested that I take my aspirin in the evening to see if that is really the culprit. Also, she checked out a little lump that I have developed on the palm of my hand - said it was due to a thickening of the fascia and more common in diabetics. Not a problem, but if it starts to get bigger and affect my fingers I might have to have a small op.

Hurrah! I also gave her a poster for the site, so hopefully she will put it up in the surgery🙂

Brilliant news - well done. I'd be so pleased with myself with two such good results in a row - you'll just have to celebrate, perhaps a new ode?

Great news and well done.

I thought that mine was REALLY low at 6.9... oops!

Julie xx

Congratulations Northerner , And Bev !!! No Trophys?? :d:d

Well done Northe, I was so close!

trophy.jpg

Good one Twin !!! 🙂🙂

Well done Northerner.

I'll stick WOW on the jukebox especially for you...🙂

Shame Kate didn't record Wuthering Lows:D

Just cranked up Kate for you - to hell with the neighbours!

Well done Northerner - how do you do it! Congrats Bev too - how do you do it - has Kate been having a sly word with you? 😉

(Forgot to say I also took a poster in to local surgery last week.)

Congratulations

Dear Northerner,

That is a fantastic result, the best I can manage is 5.4% - well done

Dodger

Dear Northerner,

That is a fantastic result, the best I can manage is 5.4% - well done

Dodger

You're not trying hard enough Dodger! Only joking - 5.4% is terrific!:D

Thanks everyone! Typically, I have had higher than normal meter readings today, so I might be heading in the other direction by the time my next test comes around...!

Amazing, Northerner, well done! Cripes. I don't know how you do it. And Dodger -- gee whiz. I can't quite conceive of that.

Fabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back