waterloo road

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellbell84

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
dunno if any of you guys saw this but there was a school girl on there who was suffering from effects of being hyper as opposed to hypo, thats the first time i've seen a realistic approach to diabetes on mainstream tv so well done bbc! What was everyone else's thoughts about it? X x

Yeh I didn't think it was too bad actually considering some of the rubbish on the TV re diabetes. She got up quite quick after being given insulin and how the hell did the school nurse know how much to give and any school nurse I've come across wouldn't know what to do. Why did the mum know less than Steph who had only just found out. However it was not bad at all. The mum said the right facts and when Steph was trying to give glucose tabs the nurse said 'wait I need to test her' so I'm quite impressed really.

Hmm you were watching Waterloo Road? Off to the head doctor with you. 😉

I saw it and thought it was quite good except for the fact ketones wasn't mentioned after the high blood sugars but part from that pretty acurate. Unlike paul blart the mall cop which was so infuriating I don't know if anyone has seen it on here but don't because it's just stupid because they can't have done any research on diabetes for it at all.

Lol ehem no comment.

personally if i was the nurse i would have given a random amount and called the ambulance 😉

She wasn't the nurse thats become famous through Balance then? As surely injecting on TV of all places, must be so off putting!😱

:D

lol well it was either watch that or embarrassing illnesses and i'd just eaten...! I agree she got up really quick though but i have never seen a hyper represented on tv before so thought that was good of them 🙂 x

Hmm you were watching Waterloo Road? Off to the head doctor with you. 😉

Free country, and it is a source of propoganda. Personally I wont give house room to Mill s& Boon or Barbara Cartland novels, but millions read them...

can only be a good thing :D, wednesday nights 8 o clock if you're interested

Thanks Steff09 for not confirming my old fart status! Actually, I'm music practicing, homework-ing, bathing and tucking in children at that time every night, so no wonder...

Like your signature by the way. Fab.

lol im the same i catch it from 8.15 onwards

ahh ty i do try and think imaginetly sometimes :D

i didnt see it lol

i will only watch as it made the thread in here ha

lol good call steff!!!!! gonna have to see if them at home recorded family guy for me tho lol :D

noooooooo not that i cant get into i like pete is he the dad ? i dunno just saw 2 episodes fgs!

noooooooo not that i cant get into i like pete is he the dad ? i dunno just saw 2 episodes fgs!

yeah pete is the dad. then you have lois the mum, chris is the eldist kid, then meg, the little stewie. oh and brian the dog who talks. best person on it quagmire!!!!!!! he is so funny!!! lol

yeah brian the dog as well liked him but no i still prefer my simpsons

yeah brian the dog as well liked him but no i still prefer my simpsons

oooohhhhhhh i love the simpsons to. got all the dvd box sets of it!!!!! been watching the new season on sky1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back