waking bg of 17.9 - confused, angry (abit hungry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was 17 and had to go to work I would do what I said... in the 20s maybe not (probably still would if I had to go to work in an hour).

Thanks Adrienne, I only left it about 5 minutes each time because I realllly wanted to get back to sleep. Had a long day yesterday travelling to Plymouth.

I have no idea why I keep hypoing though. I'll see how the Lantus reduction goes.

15 rule sounds good, you mums are ace!

Katie sorry you having it tuff at the mo, hopefully not for long🙂

How are you doing Sam? I hope you've come down again now.

its jus so unpredicable i went to bed on 9.2 2 hours after eating so had 2 buiscuits without qa..woke at 3.40am on 3.6 and have felt crap all day..yet another night i do the same and be 14 when i wake up..all of it is mystery what happens one day dosent the next..

levels have been all over the place all day. I did have breakfast and injected for it, it was about an hour or so after the correction. Got to work, was fine. Had lunch on a level of er...8. something. Carb counted everything, injected (it was leftover pie though...) and spent the rest of the afternoon chasing bloody hypos. the only levels i've seen this afternoon are 3's.

but this isn't to do with overinjecting. If anything, I injected less than I normally would (experimenting). It has been a super busy day though, lots of running around the building and chasing people around. That may be why.

I spoke to nursey, that deserves a thread all of its own however

Thanks for all your replies though. You guys are ace. :D

p.s. I actually physically cant bring myself to eat on levels like 17. It feels wrong and makes me want to be very ill. So I *have* to wait til they're down. Plus, it makes me feel very very guilty. :(

Good heavens girl, what on earth should you feel guilty for? You're doing everything right as far as I can tell, so it's not your fault your numbers are all over the place. If you weren't taking care of yourself, it would be different but you're obviously doing all you can. I know this has to be dragging you down, but don't go blaming yourself.

Good heavens girl, what on earth should you feel guilty for? You're doing everything right as far as I can tell, so it's not your fault your numbers are all over the place. If you weren't taking care of yourself, it would be different but you're obviously doing all you can. I know this has to be dragging you down, but don't go blaming yourself.

can't help it and can't explain why I do. It;s very bizaare. If I wake up high and eat, my levels go super high even with injecting and I feel guilty because of it. I don't know why :(

Sorry to hear about your problems. Can't add much to the brilliant comments already made except i agree, your nurse was wrong in my opinion to suggest as many carbs. A nurse who is not diabetic is likely to take the easy and safe option to avoid hypo and this usually means overdoing the carbs. Practice will mean you get it right more often.

In my experience eating any carbs close to bed will lead to higher levels during the night. The key for me has been to make sure i have the right lantus levels, so i don't go hypo during the night. Then, i try not to eat anything 1 hour before bed unless i need to correct upwards. I used to over compensate but now learned not to give myself too much before bed.

I've no idea how important this is but if you're asleep for 8 hrs - that's a whole day effectively. Get it right at night and we're all a third of the way there!

Sounds like you're doing areally good job. Also, have you ever checked the cars in a loaf? Each slice can be between 9 and 25 units and even higher if it's one of those lovely baker's slice your own types. White is higher than wholemeal etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back