Waiting list - 8 months! - hopefully I will have resolved this by diet by then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really useful advice on the bacon front 🙂 I have swapped from dairy to Soya Milk as although higher fat its the good kind that helps the bad kind and has lots of good stuff to lower sugar levels, cholesterol and has more vitamin D.

I just worked out I have lost 9 pounds since changing my diet on 29th June. So thats 9 pounds in 12 days, although I am sure its mainly water loss and shock for my body, having gone from 4000 cals a day to 1200.

My BMI has gone from 35 to 32 (still very high but moving in the right direction) Something for me to smile about in a month full of sadness 🙂

Have a lovely day everyone x

Apart from porridge what can I have for breakfast that is filling, healthy and doesnt cause cholesterol or sugar spikes.
Hi Jenny

It sounds like the steady loss of weight is working well.

i make my own muesli but use quinoa flakes instead of oats. It is a lot lower in carbs, has loads of nuts in and some desicated coconut, so it might not suit as you may think of those as ‘bits’.

I also had high cholesterol at diagnosis (7.8) and now hover around 5 using statins and sensible diet. Tried to get lower but with no success so just sticking there.

Hi Jenny

It sounds like the steady loss of weight is working well.

i make my own muesli but use quinoa flakes instead of oats. It is a lot lower in carbs, has loads of nuts in and some desicated coconut, so it might not suit as you may think of those as ‘bits’.

I also had high cholesterol at diagnosis (7.8) and now hover around 5 using statins and sensible diet. Tried to get lower but with no success so just sticking there.

Dessicated coconut is very high in saturated fat.

Some really useful advice on the bacon front 🙂 I have swapped from dairy to Soya Milk as although higher fat its the good kind that helps the bad kind and has lots of good stuff to lower sugar levels, cholesterol and has more vitamin D.

I just worked out I have lost 9 pounds since changing my diet on 29th June. So thats 9 pounds in 12 days, although I am sure its mainly water loss and shock for my body, having gone from 4000 cals a day to 1200.

My BMI has gone from 35 to 32 (still very high but moving in the right direction) Something for me to smile about in a month full of sadness 🙂

Have a lovely day everyone x

Great results, you're well on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back