Update on Ellie and Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Jones

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
They made it to the front page of Bridgwater Mercury http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/

It there, Jones isn't included in th photo because he was a tad too nervous.. And Mercury upheld it's spelling tradition and poor Ellie been renamed as Alli...

The reporter phoned this morning to say that interest by other media was likely, and could they pass my contact details of.. Within 10 minutes Weston Daily Press phoned, wanting to cover the story as well, sending a photographer this afternoon!!!

You have to excuse the photo as we are halfway through decorating our lounge lol

Last edited:
Woo hoo! Their fame will spread! Rin Tin Tin and Lassie, eat your heart out! 🙂

That is brilliant, and a great way to raise others awareness of diabetes too.

Brilliant , glad all worked out well 🙂

Hopefully it will raise awareness of both diabetes and resuce dogs, both lack awareness in many respects as well in some way reward Ellie and Jones for their achievement...

The photographer from the Weston Daily Press has been and what an experience that was, he decided thankfully to take the photo's outside so no half decorated rooms😱

He took loads of photo's of Les with both Ellie and Jones, sitting standing and walking, then a couple of me with them😱 So hopefully should be some good one of Jones as it's a shame that he wasn't included in the Mercury report...

Not sure when they will publish it so have to keep a daily eye on the paper.. It's a laugh really has we don't buy newspapers in general lol

Superb story. Again well done Ellie and Jones🙂

So good to see Ellie and Jones get the recognition they so clearly deserve.🙂
They are wonderful dogs and a credit to you🙂

It really is a great story, hope they show both dogs in the other newspaper's reports.

great story about ellie and jones, no wonder that dogs are called man's best friend, many a time they have come to the rescue of their owners.. :D

Ooh nice! You'll have HTV round next lol and the Bristol Evening Post!

I hope they don't let the fame go to their heads :D

The photo shot this afternoon was pretty cool and cold lol, as the photographer wisely decided to take the photo's out side on the green near us, which suited Jones a lot better he felt less nervous, the photographer also was very patient with working on distance shots first to settle Jones before doing some close shots... So Jones will get his photo's in the paper:D

Wouldn't say no to HTV if they asked must admit...

Promoting diabetes awareness along side Rescue more so as a lot of people don't like German Shepherds can only be a good thing...

And to show others what a German shepherd is all about, as we do get very negetive comments from people, from shouts that it's evil dangerous and should be put down immediately... When Ellie was 6 months old I came very close to decking an old chap who decided to start kicking her in the side for no reasons apart he didn't like Shepherds😱 Thankfully he took note when told if he touched her one more time, he was giving me permission to deck him, and deck him I would... (I'm am ashamed of my actions)

Ellie is what the German Shepherd is all about, she protects as seen with Les, she nurtures, should see her with kids, she goes all gooy eyed and so gental and her best mate is my neighbour across the road not a match you would naturally think of, as my neighbour has been terrified of dogs for 50 years, she was bit when she was 8, but she says there is something in Ellie that make her feel safe same with Jones...

It's amazing what dogs can do. Well done.

When I was a nipper our Dalmation used to know when my father was going hypo.

Everything is snow balling😱

Not only has the local radio station picked up on it so interview on Somerset sound, But we are also on/in the daily mail but it gets more scarer than that..

We are traveling to London tonight as we are going to be on the Day Break ITV in the morning which is so mind blowing and scarey to say the least...

Goodness knows what they gonna make of a somerset accent and I don't do posh london fashion lol, I'm a country girl as you can see in my photo on DM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-life-fell-coma-walking-them.html#comments

Wow Ellie! Amazing! Say Hello to Christine Bleakley for me! Any idea what time you might be on?

Noticed your story in The Sun today! It's good that everyone is printing it, hope tv show goes well!

This is getting very mind blowing indeed didn't know about The Sun...

Of cause I say hi to Christine Bleakley for your Northerner...

And we've just had a phone call from Channel 5 news, interest but we can't do anything until Friday so we have to see if they remain interested in that one..

Boy what a crazy world we live in...

I think it's a fantastic story and your dogs are gorgeous!
Nice to have some good news too!

Good luck tomorrow 🙂

I've just seen the Daily Mail article and your dogs look absolutely gorgeous as well as being so clever, you must be so proud of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back