Unprticle job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed you meant parking people's cars as in an airport parking when you just leave your car and they then park it somewhere and then would bring it back when you come to collect it.
however sometimes my my shifts active i do feel like its impodent to keep an eye on things plus as well as that(I'm not always going to notice myself dropping because of the neturte of the jobs itslefs.

so I'm going to try and put nice guidelines in fount of people at my next hospital appointment I forgot to bring it up with the consultant although when he saw how much I tested he didn't seem to moan at me he said oh that's impressive, although I can also go over what it said depending on how long the shift how active it is and also if its a long way away which is more testing. I will test before walking home as well and afterwards(didn't test before walking home yesterday because I was dropped off near to my house but if I'm doing the usual tests I will tests) at the moment I;m kind getting around that by ordering however manny I got left when I can so there's overlap but that is probably going to stop working .
however sometimes my my shifts active i do feel like its impodent to keep an eye on things plus as well as that(I'm not always going to notice myself dropping because of the neturte of the jobs itslefs.

When I have an active day I reduce my evening Levemir by 2 units and then adjust it back up the following day or maybe just 1 unit increase the following day and the other one the next. Of course if I have another active day I knock another couple of units off. Once I get down to 0 units on a night and I am still getting hypos then I start to reduce the morning dose a little. My evening basal dose constantly needs adjustment to cope with my variable lifestyle and I can go from 6 units at the start of the week down to zero if I have several consecutive days of hard physical activity and then back up to 4 or 5units within the space of 10 days or a fortnight. It is very rare that I have the same dose of basal insulin on an evening and for me that is the beauty of Levemir in that it allows me to adjust the evening dose according to what I have been up to during the day. Doing the DAFNE course gave me the confidence to adjust my basal doses more freely and find a better balance. Some nights it is a bit of a guessing game but within a reasonably safe range.... So some nights I will struggle to decide between 3 and 4 units and then I have a half unit pen to go for the middle ground. Other times I can't decide between 2 and 2.5. If I go with 2.5 then I have some cheese or peanut butter or meat before bed to help stabilize my levels through the night, but it is probably a better rule of thumb to go with the lower dose if you are unsure. It all comes with experience and confidence. It also helps when your honeymoon period has come to an end and things are a little more predictable. I do wonder if that is why they tend to delay referral onto DAFNE courses until you have 6 months in and perhaps why they are reluctant to give pumps to the newly diagnosed.
Even though thier reludentket to give pumps I honestly think they help my job so much. I don’t want let this stop me doing my job or any shifts available I need find ways of a pasting but I think it’s like routine is messing with things a bit. I correoteice yesterday but I’m wondering if one of them was just due to I wasn’t doing much as I got in at 2am the night before. I’m going to try a get an evening test done tonight(it might not be the best time to do it though though. I also might try and ask about faster acting insulin’s because its offen not possible to wait(might need to be careful with that though). Interstatsting enough the jump I seem to get in the evening doesn’t always seem to happen when I’m working.

Thinking back this to this in probably not doing two badly there has been a couple of time since January and when I adjusted but hadn't needed where I ended up staying around 14 to but sorted after shift it out which a correction after shift. On one incident where I ended up at 12 after the shift but knew from experience I would drop back down after wards. So I I'll just managed it the best as I can manage it the best I can and shouldn't get back into the unhealthy thinking parten of nor doing what I was before dinogoused(officlly I know I do need be perpereed but I think stoping it completely would just be getting back into the unhealthy thinking parten of being scared to do stuff which isn't hearhthy for mental health)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back