Unique pancreatic stem cells have potential to regenerate beta cells, respond to glucose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Scientists from the Diabetes Research Institute at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine have confirmed the existence of progenitor cells within the human pancreas that can be stimulated to develop into glucose-responsive beta cells. These significant findings, published in Cell Reports, open the door to developing regenerative cell therapies for those living with type 1 diabetes, addressing a major challenge that stands in the way of discovering a biological cure for the disease.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180227142108.htm

I thought something similar had been reported previously, the main snag being isolating them so they don't get destroyed in the same way the original ones were? - and that they were working on ways of doing that?

I never do - just as well cos you cant hold it for 45 years very successfully, although admittedly it becomes unnecessary after so long.

One day Mike - you and I are going to be so fantastically surprised and pleased to hear something about D, it's worth waiting for and looking forward to that day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back