Unable to send quick replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojack

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Clicking on the reply button opens as the reply with quote which means going back to the first post in the thread.
Tried it on all ten computers with the same result.

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry. Forgot to try compatability mode since upgrading my browsers yesterday. Apologies. All OK again here now

Last edited:
I am glad about that kojack as i didnt have a clue what you were talking about! lol :D Bev

Bev
For 'Windows XP' I use Internet Explorer. Was using IE7 but have updated to IE8 which means I have to use an included mini programme to use stuff designed for the earlier edition.
If I'd stuck with the old version or Firefox, Opera or Safari this wouldn't have happened.

if i click the "quote" quick reply button it doesnt work for me! and it never had. it doesnt add the quote to the box.

is that just me??

That one lets you add several quotes Katie. To reply to a post with a quote, go to the post involved, click the quote button (without the +) and you should have the posting frame you were looking for.
For quick replies, click on the reply button.

I have wanted to use different quotes from different people in a post and have never been able to work the quote+ button, can one of you clever people explain please

Clicking on the reply button opens as the reply with quote which means going back to the first post in the thread.
Tried it on all ten computers with the same result.

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry. Forgot to try compatability mode since upgrading my browsers yesterday. Apologies. All OK again here now

Click "quote++" then when the reply box opens, click the reply button.
Delete any quotes you don't want

That one lets you add several quotes Katie. To reply to a post with a quote, go to the post involved, click the quote button (without the +) and you should have the posting frame you were looking for.

As above!!

Bev
For 'Windows XP' I use Internet Explorer. Was using IE7 but have updated to IE8 which means I have to use an included mini programme to use stuff designed for the earlier edition.
If I'd stuck with the old version or Firefox, Opera or Safari this wouldn't have happened.

As above!!

I have wanted to use different quotes from different people in a post and have never been able to work the quote+ button, can one of you clever people explain please

As above!!

Yes please! Me too.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but it works for me.
You can also do it from other threads, but that tends to be complex.

Katie

To use the quote from one post:
Go to the post
Click on the quote button
At the end of the thread, you should have a reply box open with that quote.

if i click the "quote" quick reply button it doesnt work for me! and it never had. it doesnt add the quote to the box.

is that just me??

ok i always use the quote button, just tried the quote + and it does nothing? Sorry if this has been answered alreqdy am still reading through the threads and cant wait as usual. 😱

Does anyone else us an Apple? I use a MacBook Pro - different operation system from the PC.

Ceara

Katie

To use the quote from one post:
Go to the post
Click on the quote button
At the end of the thread, you should have a reply box open with that quote.

ooooh that's what the quote+ thing is, ive always wondered how to do that, thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back