U200 in Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pumps have always come with no preset basals. I have had to add them from scratch.
I wonder if U200 has a different consistency - maybe thicker or sticky - that some pumps do not like.
I know that, but aren’t we talking about how much actual liquid the pump will give you? I.e. if you need a bolus of 1u it knows how much actual liquid/how far to move its piston based on U100. So if you put U200 instead which is twice as strong, how does it know that it doesn’t need to give you as much unless you’ve set up all your basals and ratios etc differently. Or do pumps these days come with a setting to change it to U200? I didn’t think you could change it but perhaps that’s what I’m missing.

Is u200 Lyumjev even available in the UK? I was of the understanding Lyumjev was relatively new to the market here and not widely available even in u100. I would imagine there is a pretty small market for u200 insulin in general but maybe that is just because we only have a very occasional enquiry about it here on the forum.

I know that, but aren’t we talking about how much actual liquid the pump will give you? I.e. if you need a bolus of 1u it knows how much actual liquid/how far to move its piston based on U100. So if you put U200 instead which is twice as strong, how does it know that it doesn’t need to give you as much unless you’ve set up all your basals and ratios etc differently. Or do pumps these days come with a setting to change it to U200? I didn’t think you could change it but perhaps that’s what I’m missing.
I've not used a Tslim pump, there is a youtube about this very pump, he does address the units being doubled, basically double the units that are displayed. If you use a bolus wizard the I:c ratios and Basal profile, isf set up is the key

Is u200 Lyumjev even available in the UK? I was of the understanding Lyumjev was relatively new to the market here and not widely available even in u100. I would imagine there is a pretty small market for u200 insulin in general but maybe that is just because we only have a very occasional enquiry about it here on the forum.
It comes in pens not vials. Whether it's available in the UK??? It's why I'm interested in others using it, maybe if you get lyumjev u100 first then step up to u200.
For me, it hopefully would make pods viable + quick for a loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back