Type 3c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty1305

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I believe I may have type 3c Diabetes. Around five years ago I was suffering from Ulcerative Colitis. During my treatment for this I was given an aggressive course of steroids, Prednisolone. I believe that the steroids have damaged my pancreas. Is there anyone who has the same problem? What meds/diet are you taking/doing? Any advice would be great

As you have had type 2 for over two years and given a big dose of steroids it's possible that your meds need changing if on any at all.
Type 3c is nothing to do with taking steroids.
There is a condition called steroid induced diabetes, but as you already had diabetes when you took the steroids it could just mean you need extra help medication wise to help out your pancreas.

I believe I may have type 3c Diabetes. Around five years ago I was suffering from Ulcerative Colitis. During my treatment for this I was given an aggressive course of steroids, Prednisolone. I believe that the steroids have damaged my pancreas. Is there anyone who has the same problem? What meds/diet are you taking/doing? Any advice would be great

Are you on any medication @Scotty1305 ? I think you were trying a low carb diet? How’s your blood sugar at the moment?

As you have had type 2 for over two years and given a big dose of steroids it's possible that your meds need changing if on any at all.
Type 3c is nothing to do with taking steroids.
There is a condition called steroid induced diabetes, but as you already had diabetes when you took the steroids it could just mean you need extra help medication wise to help out your pancreas.
The type 2 diagnosis came long after the steroid treatment

Are you on any medication @Scotty1305 ? I think you were trying a low carb diet? How’s your blood sugar at the moment?
I’m on Gliclazide, Metformin and recently started on Rybelsus ( semaglutide ) which has brought it down to a reading of average 8 which is good. I’ve just come back from a visit to the Diabetic Clinic and she is convinced my Pancreas is fine and that it is lifestyle linked. My weight at the minute is 90 kg which is around 14 stone.

That’s good that your medication has brought your blood sugar down. It’s horrible having high sugar, and mentally distressing too. I hope that’s made you feel better in yourself.

Have you calculated your BMI? That gives you an idea of how your weight is. Exercise can help insulin sensitivity too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back