• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions about diabetes. Everyone manages their health differently. Please be mindful of this.

Type 2 Newbie

silentsquirrel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Gram flour is slightly lower carb than wheat flour, but at around 63% carb, still not low carb at all.
As always, test, test, test to see if you can tolerate and in what size portion.

KerryC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I recently rather tban throw away, finished some protein granola my son no longer eats as he has gone gluten free, I found I could tolerate by gradually reducing the portion to about half the portion on the package.

Yea I suppose it's trial and error to see what suits everyone :) might have to try some more testing

KerryC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That's exactly what I've found, too. One Weetabix for breakfast, not two. Half portions of wholegrain spelt pasta. No more than 3 or 4 slices of (low carb) bread per day. A quarter can of baked beans (the No Added Sugar ones).

It seems to work fine for me.

Martin

I'd definitely say I do the same, I reduce the recommended portion so that it suits and so that I'm reducing my carb intake :)

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That's exactly what I've found, too. One Weetabix for breakfast, not two. Half portions of wholegrain spelt pasta. No more than 3 or 4 slices of (low carb) bread per day. A quarter can of baked beans (the No Added Sugar ones).

It seems to work fine for me.

Martin
I no longer regular eat pasta, rice, even a small spoonful. I now only have 2 slices on Burgen Bread a day.
I have been diagnosed nearly 20 years though.