Type 2 Newbie

silentsquirrel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Gram flour is slightly lower carb than wheat flour, but at around 63% carb, still not low carb at all.
As always, test, test, test to see if you can tolerate and in what size portion.

KerryC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I recently rather tban throw away, finished some protein granola my son no longer eats as he has gone gluten free, I found I could tolerate by gradually reducing the portion to about half the portion on the package.
Yea I suppose it's trial and error to see what suits everyone :) might have to try some more testing

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I also find personally, sometimes by reducing the portion can help with some foods.
That's exactly what I've found, too. One Weetabix for breakfast, not two. Half portions of wholegrain spelt pasta. No more than 3 or 4 slices of (low carb) bread per day. A quarter can of baked beans (the No Added Sugar ones).

It seems to work fine for me.

Martin

KerryC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That's exactly what I've found, too. One Weetabix for breakfast, not two. Half portions of wholegrain spelt pasta. No more than 3 or 4 slices of (low carb) bread per day. A quarter can of baked beans (the No Added Sugar ones).

Martin
I'd definitely say I do the same, I reduce the recommended portion so that it suits and so that I'm reducing my carb intake :)

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Martin
I no longer regular eat pasta, rice, even a small spoonful. I now only have 2 slices on Burgen Bread a day.
I have been diagnosed nearly 20 years though.