Type 2 diabetes remission is possible for people with lower BMIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like saying you couldn't eat a steak out if you had to buy it in a restaurant.
I like a meal out, so I'm fine with it.

However hot water crust pastry is the true mark of a proper pie for me.
A chorizo macaroni cheese pie was my last homemade one

Then cauliflower and broccoli cheese layered in filo pastry.
Chicken tikka in short crust pastry next time.
Sorry - I don't follow the argument.
I don't eat out very often - never have, but perhaps I have had some bad luck and been served up some absolutely dreadful food - and the milkshake made with sour milk I was brought when very young was decidedly off putting.
My own home made food is far better than anything I have eaten in a restaurant.

Medscape piece has snippets of interview with Taylor: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/971599

This information should make a profound difference in what doctors advise their patients, Taylor added.

"One of the dramatic things about dealing with people in this group," he said, "is they feel very resentful that healthcare professionals tell them not to lose weight."

Based on the current results, Taylor believes this is "inappropriate advice, and it's that personal advice that I think that this study points a way towards."

That resonates with me. At DX my GP said "try not to lose too much weight", and the practice nurse referred to me as "slim". Which amazed me - I would have said "podgy" - but I guess I was kind of "slim" relatively to my 57 year old peer group.

Anyway, with a BMI of 25 point something I suppose nobody would have recommended weight loss as a first line therapy for me, up until this work by Taylor et al.

But now, people should ditch that standard "think about losing weight if you're carrying some extra pounds" advice & replace it with just "think about losing weight".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back