Type 1 Diet

I'm afraid they can come in from the rustic flours, the mites you can hardly see just like a speck but the weevils are more evil looking.

Evil weevils! 😱
I just googled and found out they’re “known for their elongated snouts”!😱 I don’t think I’ve ever seen one and I don’t think I ever want to!

Evil weevils! 😱
I just googled and found out they’re “known for their elongated snouts”!😱 I don’t think I’ve ever seen one and I don’t think I ever want to!

We have Vine Weevils in the garden, and those can be pretty devastating as larvae as they eat the roots, especially in pots - and suddenly a pricey plant can just wither and die.

Well until today a weevil was something I did after I’d been on the beer all day :rofl: now I’ve spent the last hour or so googling Rice Weevils and Giraffe Weevils and Boll Weevils! How times have changed!!!

Don’t forget weevils in the ship’s biscuits!

In one summer our pot plants were destroyed by the pests. We emptied them in to an unclultivated bed and made the worms and birds very happy. We then cleaned scrubbed and started again in our pots. No evidence of the pests as yet.

Had an ice cream today and asked for a 99. The youngster was very confused and said they didn’t do those. I was surprised and asked why they had no flakes. He told me that they had, so I asked for one in my ice cream which was no problem. He had never heard of a 99. I am feeling very old. Interesting looking up why they were called 99. Many and varied answers.

Had an ice cream today and asked for a 99. The youngster was very confused and said they didn’t do those. I was surprised and asked why they had no flakes. He told me that they had, so I asked for one in my ice cream which was no problem. He had never heard of a 99. I am feeling very old. Interesting looking up why they were called 99. Many and varied answers.
Just as well you didn't ask for monkey's blood on your 99 or he might have called the police or RSPCA!

In one summer our pot plants were destroyed by the pests. We emptied them in to an unclultivated bed and made the worms and birds very happy. We then cleaned scrubbed and started again in our pots. No evidence of the pests as yet.

Different generation.

Think it was Italians who invented the 99, they do make the best ice cream.

Ah! I’ve only had a 99 unadorned @helli No sprinkles, no chocolate sauce, no…er…monkey’s blood :D Maybe it depends on the ice cream? I don’t like the Mr Whippy type ice creams, but I often see people having them with sprinkles.

Pre pump I wouldn’t inject for certain things (snacks/treats) unless part of my meal and already planned into my insulin amount. 4-5 injections (when it’s going well) a day is lot for me at least hvainh extra for just anything wasn’t always worth it.
Now it’s different but I need to watch my cholesterol so that’s a different story.
I do find if my diabetes is high I won’t risk those tricky to get right meals etc but if low I eat as I need to, and use that as the chance to indulge.
Ice cream doesn’t seem to have much impact for me actually, which is lucky.

I would say she should be fine with a balanced normal diet and actually let her eat what she likes if you can manage it. There will be stages in her life where she doesn’t feel she has control or freedom so give her what freedom you can.

As I'm a type one diabetic I tend really careful what I eat and especially what I drink.When it comes to eating it's fish and chicken all the way although once every two months I'll buy myself a pack of good quality Sausages.As for drinks it's water mostly and decaff coffee and Rooibos tea but once in while I'll buy myself a no added sugar fizzy drink(not diet Pepsi or Coke though...I buy one called Dalstons...they are far nicer and far more grown up than Pepsi or Coke)

@stephenS50 why do you limit your diet so much?
Is there a reason why you think as a Type 1 diabetic you need to be really careful what you eat and drink?
As others have commented, we can have a very varied diet and, provided we are able to calculate and time our bolus insulin (which is some times much easier said than done).

@stephenS50 why do you limit your diet so much?
Is there a reason why you think as a Type 1 diabetic you need to be really careful what you eat and drink?
As others have commented, we can have a very varied diet and, provided we are able to calculate and time our bolus insulin (which is some times much easier said than done).
I have a varied diet Helli..I love things such as dark chocolate fruit such as bananas and pineapple(only once in.a while though) and at times I crave the odd steakSirloin) and a bowl of top quality ice cream(Belgium chocolate flavour for me please)so no I don't limit myself..but I do like to be careful.

Back