Type 1 - basal question. (Low sugars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Proud to be erratic thank you for the detailed response! Yes, on the Dexcom there are readings every 5 minutes without the need to scan or anything. She's building up confidence to go walking again and has been on some short walks with me, it tends to bring her sugars down gradually.

Definitely agree with you on the low amounts of carbs. She often sees rises 2-3 hours after meals which would be explained by the slower metabolisation of protein into sugar for the body's energy. However she unfortunately is struggling to inject more than 3 units of fast insulin at a time currently because it makes her think she's going to go hypo. Will support her to work on it and I hope she feels ready soon to introduce a bit more gms of carbs!

Really glad to hear you're happy with your current Diabetic team - it can make such a difference. Encouraging her to engage more and hopefully come across a nurse or doctor she gels with. And I think you have the right attitude about your "rubbish days" that you can learn from, although this insulin problem can sometimes be so complex and difficult that I honestly start to feel like any day where you or anyone else with T1 dont get sick is a great day. :D

@Leadinglights yes she is having novorapid insulin with most meals (occasionally she eats one without any carbs/less than 10g of carbs due to anxiety)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back