Trulocity injections

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thank you.

Latest update:
Awake a lot in the night with stomach pains after the 4th injection and feel as if my stomach and back have been punched today BUT I am definitely not feeling as sick so that's a big step forward. Still feel I can't eat so had to miss metformin in the evening as only had 2 crackers and a bit of cheese!
BS in early sevens and mid sixes. BP is probably a bit too low.
Still trying to get through to the GP surgery but no luck so far.................
Hope you get through soon.

Elliemc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well yesterday evening was injection no 6 and, although last night I couldn't lie down as I felt so sick, everything has really settled down. I don't feel sick all the time and have got a little bit of my appetite back so will just carry on now until the 3 month review when I'll have the usual annual blood tests and check that the numbers have improved.
Blood sugars and BP had all improved until just over a week ago when I got my Covid vaccination, the AstroZenica one. Within 10 minutes of it I was having sharp abdominal pains which continued on and off for the rest of that day. The leaflet explaining the medication has this down as a rare side effect. Since then my BS has been between 8 and 9 so I am wondering if this increase is as a result of the pain following the vaccination. Hopefully it will settle down again quickly. My numbers always do increase when I am in pain and although not exactly in pain I have ached for days after the jab-this is also wearing off now.
Not sure if I have mentioned that I had Covid 19 in late Feb last year and it may be the fact that I had had it which caused this side effect.
For anyone waiting for the vaccination it was worth a little pain to feel that it was the first step towards getting my life back and I have no doubt at all that it's the right thing to do -roll on number 2, which will be in early May.
Unless anything else crops up with the Trulicity I'll wait until the blood test results to let anyone who is interested in them know what happens then. I'll be happy to help if anyone needs more info about having them.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for the update @Elliemc - sorry to hear about the nausea :( Hope your results are encouraging at the 3 month review though.

A few people seem to get more discomfort and a bit of a BG bump after the Covid vaccine than others.

Elliemc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Latest trulicity upda

Well can honestly say that it has really settled down now, the only problem I get was during the night after the injection with stomach cramps and, very strangely, a sore patch on my right arm just under my wrist which also feels swollen! Like that all the time but it definitely is worse just after the injection and the following day

Weightloss has stayed at 1stone off - I'm very happy with that.

Blood pressure and sugars is another matter and, although getting much better at first, is now all over the place again. I am sure this is due to pain and stress as this always does affect them for me and unfortunately I have had to have surgery for skin cancer diagnosed in Feb and have had post surgical problems with wounds bursting so really this has taken priority over the diabetes right this minute. I just feel incredibly grateful that I was diagnosed and treated when I read what other cancer patients have had to deal with during the Covid crisis. I don't think I will be doing any updates in the near future but, when this all settles down, will help with info when I can.

To anyone wondering what to do about the Trulicity injections I would say do expect at least 6/10 weeks before you feel able to eat anywhere near normally and expect not to be able to manage normally due to feeling severely sick. Ok during lockdown but not sure how I would have coped with normal life! Good luck if you decide to go ahead - you never know you may be able to tolerate it better, apparently some do.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So sorry to hear of your skin cancer, but happy for you that it has been treated promptly despite the pandemic and hope your surgical wounds heal and you get the "all clear". It is good of you to take the time to come here and update the thread in order to help others make their decision on this medication. I hope your levels settle down soon, but unsurprising that things are erratic with everything else that is going on in your life. I look forward to your next post indicating your health has turned a corner for the better.