Trouble with the DVLA form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm a fairly happy bunny now. Yesterday I did the Humber Bridge Half Marathon and finished just inside two hours. Today I got my licence back, with all the address details correct and they didn't get on my case for drawing in and ticking my own box. I now have to decide whether to apply for the truck and van categories to be re-enstated.

In my OP I said "Now I accept that the level of improvement that I have managed to achieve is probably unusual but surely not unique.", I was hoping for some feedback on that but no one has come back on it. Is there anyone else out there who has gone from insulin injections to diet and exercise only within a couple of years?

Well I'm a fairly happy bunny now. Yesterday I did the Humber Bridge Half Marathon and finished just inside two hours. Today I got my licence back, with all the address details correct and they didn't get on my case for drawing in and ticking my own box. I now have to decide whether to apply for the truck and van categories to be re-enstated.

In my OP I said "Now I accept that the level of improvement that I have managed to achieve is probably unusual but surely not unique.", I was hoping for some feedback on that but no one has come back on it. Is there anyone else out there who has gone from insulin injections to diet and exercise only within a couple of years?
Well done on the half marathon Chris! 🙂 And good to hear you have your license back (love the idea of drawing in your own box 🙂)

Can't answer the question about insulin I'm afraid, it's something I can never do without.

I'm thinking that I need to ask that question in a more appropriate section of the forum.

Congratulations on your half marathon, Chris. I think you're right - best to start a new thread with your question about improvement. Like Northerner, no matter how well I manage my condition, I'll never be able to do without insulin. Although life's pretty good on MDI - spent today re-enacting Anglo Saxon life with schoolchildren on a rare breeds farm in Yorkshire. Tomorrow train south to work on corporate adventure race in Devon. Only sad fact will be no chance of parkrun anywhere this Saturday, nor Wednesday evening orienteering race. Then back to leading farm tours and orienteering next week, plus some civil servant work.

Parkruns are brilliant. when I first started doing them they were a real challenge, a tough test but achievable. The best bit is the way that your performance is monitored and your stats are presented on the website. When I first started I posted a new PB every few weeks and this was very encouraging. My current PB is just outside 22 minutes and it is quite a while since I got anywhere near that as I am now concentrating on the longer distances. As I already liked swimming and cycling, parkruns were the missing piece of the puzzle that got me into triathlons. Triathlons are my new passion and doing them makes me less diabetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back