Travelling to India

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you put your medication through the airline special assistance you should not have a problem getting it through customs combined with a doctors letter

Last edited:
If you put your medication through the travel agent special assistance you should not have a problem getting it through customs combined with a doctors letter
Customs know nothing about my insulin when I travel.
Are you confusing “customs” with airport security?

On the other hand, I have never used “travel agent special assistance “ as I book direct with airlines and hotels do do not use a travel agent.

I second Frio to keep insulin cool. I took them with me when I was hiking in Kerala with no issues.

Finally, have a great time. India is an amazing country with very friendly, cricket-mad people.
One of the Diabetes consultants at Coventry hospital himself hails from Kerala plus one diabetes team chap at Nuneaton hospital is from Goa and shedloads of other HCPs from India. They both speak very clearly with hardly a trace of accent but one thing I've hardly ever heard from anyone from 'those parts' in the UK but that you do commonly hear in India generally amongst locals who speak English rather well is the differences whereas we might say eg Him behind the bar looks a bit unhappy about summat or another today - whereas the local would perhaps say eg The bar person has a very solemn demeanour today. eg the difference between saying 'in a somnolent posture' and 'in a sleeping position'. I spose all it is really is correct and more formal usage of English vocabulary and Grammar.

we might say eg Him behind the bar looks a bit unhappy about summat
You might - but I would never dream of using expressions like this, nor would I have heard them from friends, relatives or former colleagues!🙂

Who do you think airport security are? Travelling independently or not!

I was definitely talking about airport security. Customs not involved. And travelling independently.
Of course customs are involved in what comes into a country travelling independently or not! The OP question has gone well off the subject! Broomy have a great holiday! I hope you get your I insulin question answered! I’m not replying anymore!

Last edited:
Of course customs are involved in what comes into a country travelling independently or not! The OP question has gone well off the subject! Broomy have a great holiday! I hope you get your I insulin question answered! I’m not replying anymore!

Can see what you mean but actually I was in transit (UK-Delhi-Nepal) so didn’t go through customs in Delhi, just security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back