Travel insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s some info from All Clear. I phoned them once to check something and they were very helpful:

• If you are booking independently, many of our policies do include cover for End Supplier Failure as well as Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance (SAFI). Please note this may be available as an Optional Extra.
it says specifically on their website in red capitals, they do not cover that on even their most expensive policy

DUk on the website have a company they work with, my quote just came back for £120 for two weeks as a type 2 with my spine condition and other conditions listed so try the link that’s on the website for a quote, we also tried RAC as travel is by car and got a similar quote to stay sure so they are cheaper.
It was a year long policy though. Although the multi trip didn’t cost much more than the 3 week quote. Perhaps they more aimed at yearly policies

I’m not sure what end supplier is but I book things separately too and it’s not been an issue. Obviously you should check the small print in any policy but I’d think many/most people book some things separately.
So for example we’re going to Costa Rica for 3 weeks, accommodation, single day and multi day tours, and scuba diving. Costa Rica is not cheap and it really adds up, with most paid in advance. We got flights with avios so most of the holiday costs are ‘end supplier’ so pretty essential cover for us

done that, and found a possible one, need to check it’s got the right cover though, as end supplier is usually not included and often cancellation cover is not high enough

yes i’m buying a yearly worldwide, and because one of our holidays is 3 weeks, i need higher cancellation cover.
Ah explains the cost, my price was only for two weeks, the GHIC is free from the nhs business services site, apply asap to get in time, handy to have for last minute trips and free plus long lasting, hope you get sorted out!!

It was a year long policy though. Although the multi trip didn’t cost much more than the 3 week quote. Perhaps they more aimed at yearly policies
For me there was a vast difference on two weeks versus year long cover, ridiculous really as only going to my parents!

Ah explains the cost, my price was only for two weeks, the GHIC is free from the nhs business services site, apply asap to get in time, handy to have for last minute trips and free plus long lasting, hope you get sorted out!!
Yep, got one of those

it says specifically on their website in red capitals, they do not cover that on even their most expensive policy

Maybe they’ve changed it very recently then as I’ve had it covered before.

Edited to add that I also had cover because I paid by credit card and was covered under Section 75, so that might be an option you could check.

Last edited:
Have you had a look at Avanti , @louisew ? I must admit, I only heard of them a couple of weeks ago. The person telling me had got a very decent quote, including a few conditions.

Their basic cover doesn't cover end-user failure bu their "Classic" and "Deluxe" offerings do.

I have zero affiliation with them.

Have you had a look at Avanti , @louisew ? I must admit, I only heard of them a couple of weeks ago. The person telling me had got a very decent quote, including a few conditions.

Their basic cover doesn't cover end-user failure bu their "Classic" and "Deluxe" offerings do.

I have zero affiliation with them.
thankyou, i’ll take a look

I went with Staysure in the end, many of the others were more expensive with less comprehensive cover. They were also excellent when my daughter broke her leg in Australia on her gap year (although UK residents get free emergency and follow up treatment) and when she had to evacuate from The Philippines due to covid lockdowns during her university year abroad)

Last edited:
I went with Staysure in the end, many of the others were more expensive with less comprehensive cover. They were also excellent when my daughter broke her leg in Australia on her gap year (although UK residents get free emergency and follow up treatment) and when she had to get home from The Philippines during her university year abroad)

Glad you got something sorted in the end @louisew 🙂

Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back