Trapped Chilean miners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they just said this guy who is about to come up had hypoglycemia so i'm thinking = type 1?

Might have misheard though!

I would of thought he was type 2, he would be in some mess if he was type 1 with not enough insulin, dont qoute me though.......I could be wrong.......

he has been treated from the surface, it is reported he is type 1

I think they just said this guy who is about to come up had hypoglycemia so i'm thinking = type 1?

Might have misheard though!

no, i think he is type 1, i have been following this, thats why i think i got quite emotional when he came out. the news guy said he has been having treatment from the surface, so i presume they have been sending down supplies and keeping in contact with the medics regularly.

Oh, maybe this other guy had non-diabetic hypoglycemia then? or is type 2? who knows 😉

Those 17 days without contact with the surface must have been extra terrifying for him :(

Oh, maybe this other guy had non-diabetic hypoglycemia then? or is type 2? who knows 😉

Those 17 days without contact with the surface must have been extra terrifying for him :(

i missed that bit Katie, so im not sure. I thought you were talking about the diabetic guy? Must have been awful, but am presuming that as a miner, he would have had to keep a certain amount of supplies with him? but yes 17 days must have been horrific?

I bet they all suffered hypoglaecaemia at one point..............:(

Yay! Ten men out!! Amazing to watch, wonderful! Thank God! Can't imagine how fraught it must have been for them and their families... 69 days underground, 33 deg C - they look amazingly well considering what they've been through, bless them! 🙂

Will this footage be available online, you can beat genuinenly happy times.........and a good cry..(greet)

the guy with hypostension should be up out of the capsule in the next 20 minutes.

Will this footage be available online, you can beat genuinenly happy times.........and a good cry..(greet)

y7es if you go to bbc news website and go to the left of the picute, it says live,chilli mine rescue and it takes you where you can watch it .

Diabetes-related aspect of story here - on page http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11170852 click on last photo in middle group (Grupo Rampa) to see profile of Yonni Barrios, nicknamed "The Doctor" (more likely, "El Doctor"), "Knowledge of first aid from helping diabetic mother as a child means he has been given responsibility for monitoring health of colleagues." Click on 6th photo of same group for Jose Ojeda, who "received medication for diabetes while trapped".

Last edited:
I saw a report today about how long it'll take to get each man up the bore-hole. Atleast an hour! 😱

And I think that the capsule in which they'll be standing is only 22" in diameter.

I couldn't do that! :D😉

Andy

I'd much rather be in the capsule to freedom than stuck down there the rest of my days lol!!

I'd much rather be in the capsule to freedom than stuck down there the rest of my days lol!!

So would I really, I was just having a little 'fun' with my insulin injecting friends here (i.e. they often hear the phrase "I couldn't do that"!).

Andy 🙂

I have to say ... I was diagnosed in 2004 as type one insulin dependant diabetic ... and the doctors here were amazed that i'd been alright for the past year when i took no insulin for just over a year :confused:😱

So would I really, I was just having a little 'fun' with my insulin injecting friends here (i.e. they often hear the phrase "I couldn't do that"!).

Andy 🙂

I thought so!!:D I was so tempted to tell you off for that one 😉

They completed the evacuation in the early hours of this morning. Having seen a couple of papers I remain puzzled whether one or two were diabetic, and if Type I or II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back