Toujeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJK117

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

I’ve just been moved onto Toujeo long lasting insulin and I have been given it in prefilled pens which I don’t like to use. Is anyone aware if this is available in cartridges that would work with a novopen? Or if there are other types of long lasting insulin that would fit in a novopen?

Thanks

Hi JJK, welcome to the forum.🙂

Toujeo is not available in cartridges for use with other pens because no other pen is calibrated in such a way that dosage would be safe. This is more or less explained in the data sheet with the medication.

What have you got against prefilled pens? (Other then environmental) I use prefilled pens for Levemir and Humalog. They take any standard needle. What’s not to like?

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I just have never used prefilled pens in 15 years since my diagnosis. I travel a lot and prefer to separate my novopen and cartridges to make things easier.

Also and this might sound a little strange. I have never gotten used to injecting myself, just don’t like the feeling. I have always used the old Penmate to inject, so would prefer a cartridge that would fit into that so I can continue.

If the amount of insulin you need warrants the use of Toujeo, none of the 100u/ml insulins will be a lot of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back