Too saintly a diabetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well, as it is my birthday today I thought I would indulge myself, so I went to the shop to peruse the cake shelves. But, no matter how hard I tried to persuade myself that it was a special occasion and I should push the boat out, I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything! In the end I decided on....

a Milky Way! 🙄 Goodness, how bad a bad diabetic have I become? 😱 😉

Anyone else unable to fall off the diabetes wagon, even for their birthday?

he he!! Sadly, not a problem I've managed to get yet... fingers crossed though! :D

NNEEEVVVEEERRRRR

I'm always munching on something I shouldn't be...I should probably stop doing that :D

My excuse? I was deprived of all the lovely things as a child 🙂

Blimey if you can't fall off the diabetes bandwagon for your birthday when can yoU???? I've never had a birthday without a birthday cake .......Northener I hope that you put birthday candles in that milky way and made a wish when you blew them out!!!!!! Diabetes equals celebrate every birthday in style whatever else is going on in life

NNEEEVVVEEERRRRR

I'm always munching on something I shouldn't be...I should probably stop doing that :D

My excuse? I was deprived of all the lovely things as a child 🙂

There might be something in that Sam - I was lucky enough to be able to gorge myself senseless until I was 49!

Nope afraid my will power is ziltch when it comes to that one Northey lol

Come on Northey - its your birthday!:D

At least have 2 milky ways - or put a candle on top - celebrate your birthday.🙂

I hope your playing your favourite dumbo music whilst stroking her ears....Bev

I did give in when I ordered from Sainsburys, I noticed online two small tubs of Bread and Butter pudding, MMMMmmmmmmm. Looking forward to placing my next grocery order :D

She reads as she's finishing off a cornnetto😱

In truth I've never created a diabetic wagon to fall off...

Last birthday cake I had was when I was 40! In my household there's a believe that birthday cakes appear as by magic on you birthday!!! Err nope it mum who makes them!!

Blimey if you can't fall off the diabetes bandwagon for your birthday when can yoU???? I've never had a birthday without a birthday cake .......Northener I hope that you put birthday candles in that milky way and made a wish when you blew them out!!!!!! Diabetes equals celebrate every birthday in style whatever else is going on in life

I just couldn't do it this year - maybe because I've been ill and my levels have been poor. Here's what I indulged in in previous years:

Plus appropriate amounts of insulin:

DSCF0178-1.jpg

And my first post-diagnosis cake:

BCAKE-1.jpg

I just couldn't do it this year - maybe because I've been ill and my levels have been poor. Here's what I indulged in in previous years:

Plus appropriate amounts of insulin:

DSCF0178-1.jpg

And my first post-diagnosis cake:

BCAKE-1.jpg

And how old were you when you indulged in the ladybird cake 😉

I was 50! :D
When was that, oh I know 10 years ago when there was a huge infestation of the beasts! 😉

Actually this thread reminds me of when a few months after I was first diagnosed I got my exam results, I had been diagnosed just after finishing the exams but had symptoms during them. The results were good and my mum surprised me by saying she was going to the shops and offering to buy me whatever foodstuff I wanted. I asked for a kit-kat. And I still feel really guilty about doing that! 😱 It was not that I never slipped of the wagon before or since, just that I revealed to my parents that I wanted to get of it. How long ago was this? Well let me just say the exams were O-levels, not GCSEs!! 😎

Alan, I wouldn't look at my last facebook status if I were you. Tom and I got a little carried away in the Co-op...

hahhaaaheeee i saw it ....you two are a bad influence on each other !!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back