Too many hypos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok, so I'm now on my 5th hypo of the day. Had three hypos yesterday and don't seem to have managed to get my levels much above 5 since then. So frustrating and I'm getting really fed up of sugary drinks and other hypo treatments!
Not really after any advice (although happy to take any!) just a general rant....😱

Ok, so I'm now on my 5th hypo of the day. Had three hypos yesterday and don't seem to have managed to get my levels much above 5 since then. So frustrating and I'm getting really fed up of sugary drinks and other hypo treatments!
Not really after any advice (although happy to take any!) just a general rant....😱

Poor you maybe the warm weather is effecting your levels?? ive had 1 hypo today, an hour after tea but im on my 2nd day of low carbing so thats to blame!! i know what you mean im sick of sugary stuff urggh. you doing anything different to be causing your lows?:confused:

Hi aymes.,
I know i dont know much but - could it be the weather being so hot? Alex was in the 20's for the past 2 weeks - but today he was actually within range! We havent changed anything other than the weather - well we didnt change that but you know what i mean!:D Bev

Sorry to hear this, it must be really horrible for you and scary as well. I admire you all by the way and wish none of you had diabetes. They need to hurry up and find a cure!:(

Yeah, I think the weather may be contributing, and I've dropped a couple of pounds recently, weight changes always seem to have quite a big effect on me. I dropped my lantus down last night, really glad I did or who knows how many I'd have had today!

Sorry to hear about your hypos - I hope you feel better soon.

Tez.

Just had first one of today, this is costing me a fortune in juice!

Hope that was your one and only hypo of the day. Not much advice as others covered my thoughts and I know you know how to reduce your insulin. Just sending some sympathy to you.

Just had first one of today, this is costing me a fortune in juice!

hope you have been hypo free for the rest of the day🙂 any ideas whats causing them?? are you eating less or different foods??

Well, I've not been hypo for the rest of the day which is positive, although I have stayed on the low side.
insulinaddict - I suspect the warmer weather may be having some impact on me, I've also lost a little weight and changes in my weight always seems to throw my basal off significantly. Hopefully starting to get it under control now...

hi aymes, how are you doing?? i think it could be due to the hot weather that you are suffering. i know my levels tend to go weird when it is hot. i didnt think the weather could affect me in ways like this but by god it does lol

Well, I've not been hypo for the rest of the day which is positive, although I have stayed on the low side.
insulinaddict - I suspect the warmer weather may be having some impact on me, I've also lost a little weight and changes in my weight always seems to throw my basal off significantly. Hopefully starting to get it under control now...

Lets hope it settles down for you, it's bad enough it being so hot without going hypo all the time😡 CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss by the way🙂

i aint had hypo yet i keep having hypers and 2 today but the weather is deffo a factor x

glad rest of day been better for u aymes x

There must be something in this seasonal/weather theory - I have now reduced my lantus to 10 units which is half what I was on 3 weeks ago!

give it a week northerner and you'll be cured lol!!!!! 😉

argh, 2.2 at 130am, looks like I'll be cutting the lantus again, Northerner, looks like I'm following your lead (although I'm still taking much more then your10 units!)

Lets hope it settles down for you, it's bad enough it being so hot without going hypo all the time😡 CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss by the way🙂

Oh, it's not anything I've been trying to do but thanks!

🙂Hi aymes hows the hypo situation today??:confused: settled down now i hope..

3 today, so going down a bit, seems to be ok right now so hopefully I can have a hypo free night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back