Token Hypo on Casualty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed it! I hope they put a line in of Jacobs Cornish Insulin quick sharp (like they usually do! 🙄)

LOL they found her in the toilet unconscious with a syringe (er why was she injecting if hypo - or did I miss something? I wasn't concentrating) They thought it was a drug OD but Charlie said no "it's a HYPO" what a guy he is!!:D

haha!

glycogen i guess.

The reason I knew the symptoms of Diabetes is because I used to watch Casualty and the receptionist developed Diabetes. So when I started getting symptoms I googled Diabetes and diagnosed myself 😉

LOL they found her in the toilet unconscious with a syringe (er why was she injecting if hypo - or did I miss something? I wasn't concentrating) They thought it was a drug OD but Charlie said no "it's a HYPO" what a guy he is!!:D

He's seen it all, that Charlie! 🙂 I've stopped watching Casualty because I realised I really don't like ANY of the characters! Must have something to do with the writers, I'm guessing they are also people I wouldn't like!

haha!

glycogen i guess.

The reason I knew the symptoms of Diabetes is because I used to watch Casualty and the receptionist developed Diabetes. So when I started getting symptoms I googled Diabetes and diagnosed myself 😉

Looked like an ordinary syringe and she was a homeless girl with a young baby who had a terrible cough!! 😱

Good that Casualty has it's uses though, I remember that story line.

He's seen it all, that Charlie! 🙂 I've stopped watching Casualty because I realised I really don't like ANY of the characters! Must have something to do with the writers, I'm guessing they are also people I wouldn't like!

I'm addicted to Casualty and Holby! Paul picks the programme to pieces every week! We especially like how rapidly the staff progress. One week they are on reception - the next doing open heart surgery! Also how quickly people recover from surgery!! (or die of course!!) 😱

He's seen it all, that Charlie! 🙂 I've stopped watching Casualty because I realised I really don't like ANY of the characters! Must have something to do with the writers,!
complete same reason why i stopped watching last time i saw it duffy was still in it and the irish woman who recently came back into it and died with charlie by her side think her names brenda flicker ...

Last edited:
The only character I've liked in recent months was Alice, and the ambulance crew are quite good too, but all that business with the junior doctors, and Ruth, and Adam, and Jay and...I could go on! I wouldn't want any of them near me! I've never watched Holby.

complete same reason why i stopped watching last time i saw it duffy was still in it and the irish woman who recently came back into it and died with charlie by her side

You sure you stopped watching, Steffie??!! You still seem to be following it closely!! 😉

Corrie diabetic

[

Does anyone remember the Corrie diabetic? The poor girl had loads of hyperglycaemic attacks but not a single hypo. Perhaps they were easier to act.

QUOTE=Flutterby;173363]Just watched Casualty with a token hypo thrown in for good measure. The writers love diabetics![/QUOTE]

[

Does anyone remember the Corrie diabetic? The poor girl had loads of hyperglycaemic attacks but not a single hypo. Perhaps they were easier to act.

QUOTE=Flutterby;173363]Just watched Casualty with a token hypo thrown in for good measure. The writers love diabetics!
[/QUOTE]

No who was that Barb?

Last nights Casualty scene with the girl in the toilet was typical of how the scriptwriters get the whole diabetes thing wrong time and time again, although had the young lady lost her hypo awareness symptom's this may have explained why she was found in the state she was in, i.e gone into the loo to inject prior to eating and then went into a severe hypo and unable to treat, if this was the case the writers should have made this more obvious in the script, but just the same they should not encourage diabetics to use unhygienic places such as toilets as a places to inject insulin.

As for watching Casualty, I watch it every Saturday night or Sky+ it and never miss a episode. I agree that some of the characters are not convincing, Lenny, Noel and Jeff the paramedic, but Charlie, Nick Jordan and Tess make the programme worth watching. The other week when Charlie and Tess helped Megan to die was excellent acting, at the end of that programme I can honestly say I had tears rolling down my face, don't know if it due to losing people close to me from cancer and the episode brought this all back, but nevertheless it was fine acting from all and it was nice to see Brenda Fricker back in Casualty, all-be-it for a very short time! Toby.

The only character I've liked in recent months was Alice, and the ambulance crew are quite good too, but all that business with the junior doctors, and Ruth, and Adam, and Jay and...I could go on! I wouldn't want any of them near me! I've never watched Holby.

I used to love comfort and fin(?!) they were so cool. My brother once stood behind comfort in a queue at a sainsbury's in Bristol, I was so jealous 😎:D

Last nights Casualty scene with the girl in the toilet was typical of how the scriptwriters get the whole diabetes thing wrong time and time again, although had the young lady lost her hypo awareness symptom's this may have explained why she was found in the state she was in, i.e gone into the loo to inject prior to eating and then went into a severe hypo and unable to treat, if this was the case the writers should have made this more obvious in the script, but just the same they should not encourage diabetics to use unhygienic places such as toilets as a places to inject insulin.

As for watching Casualty, I watch it every Saturday night or Sky+ it and never miss a episode. I agree that some of the characters are not convincing, Lenny, Noel and Jeff the paramedic, but Charlie, Nick Jordan and Tess make the programme worth watching. The other week when Charlie and Tess helped Megan to die was excellent acting, at the end of that programme I can honestly say I had tears rolling down my face, don't know if it due to losing people close to me from cancer and the episode brought this all back, but nevertheless it was fine acting from all and it was nice to see Brenda Fricker back in Casualty, all-be-it for a very short time! Toby.

So refreshing to find another fan!!

I love Casualty but last night I had to recoreded it to watch Simply Red, he was so amazing... I will catch up with Casualty later 🙂

I like Casualty and Holby City, although do have my times of picking holes in it lol I couldn't stand Comfort and Fin, I do like Tess and Charlie, don't like the girl who is supposedly having his grandchild she just annoys me, and I don't know why Ruth married that guy it must have been a marriage of convenience as I am sure he is having an affair. In Holby City I don't like that new nurse who has come into it who is actually a qualified dr in her country, she is just plain scary.

The one in Corrie was Katy Harris, her mum Angela went to prison saying that she had killed her hubby, but it was actually Katy who did it. katy couldn't cope with that and fed herself loads of sugar and died.

I see Home & Away have a miracle cure for Ruby's diabetes, after her diagnosis and hypo she has never done a test or given an injection or mentioned her diabetes at all.. and with her current storyline where she spent a few nights drunk as a skunk she didn't suffer at all.. her diabetes seems to have disappeared???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back