TIR versus reading at time of scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with @Lucyr and in fact I am concerned that you have become obsessed with the issue of CGM even though it clearly stresses you. It seems to be almost a love/hate relationship with them and I think it may be harming you mentally going through this continuous emotional turmoil and uncertainty, let alone contemplating the financial impact of the money you have spent and wasted when you have discarded so many after a few days of use.
I really think that CGM may not be for you and your near constant debating and dithering with yourself about each system just doesn't seem to resolve the issue for you, so I would encourage you to have a long break from CGM until you can perhaps approach it in a more rational manner.
Just my thoughts and posted out of concern that this issue is causing you anxiety and a lot of money, which perhaps you can well afford, but no one likes to see resources regularly wasted and it must be especially upsetting for those who can ill afford that resource, to see others openly wasting it.

I have to agree with @Lucyr and in fact I am concerned that you have become obsessed with the issue of CGM even though it clearly stresses you. It seems to be almost a love/hate relationship with them and I think it may be harming you mentally going through this continuous emotional turmoil and uncertainty, let alone contemplating the financial impact of the money you have spent and wasted when you have discarded so many after a few days of use.
I really think that CGM may not be for you and your near constant debating and dithering with yourself about each system just doesn't seem to resolve the issue for you, so I would encourage you to have a long break from CGM until you can perhaps approach it in a more rational manner.
Just my thoughts and posted out of concern that this issue is causing you anxiety and a lot of money, which perhaps you can well afford, but no one likes to see resources regularly wasted and it must be especially upsetting for those who can ill afford that resource, to see others openly wasting it.
I have only once stopped a sensor early. The rest I have seen to the end. Thank for your concern. I apologise if have posted so many times didn't realise. Don't worry I won't be boring anyone on the subject anymore. I will discuss with my Dr when I speak to her.

You are welcome to post, it is just that it doesn’t seem constructive or helpful to you to continue debating CGMs. The stress probably increases your blood sugars too. Speaking to your doctor about whether the benefits are worth the stress and the expense is a great idea though.

Hugs to you @HalfpipMarathon

No need to apologise for starting threads. I think members are just worried about you.

It's important for each of us to find our own 'diabetes toolkit' that works for us. And some things just won't ever 'fit' quite right for an individual. The same tech that gives motivation to continue working at BG management when it gives in-range numbers, can easily feel like a condemnation or discouragement when TIR drops despite the level of effort remaining the same.

Even if seemingly everyone finds a gizmo helpful (or uses it in a certain way) it doesn't necessarily mean it will be helpful for you to use it like that.

And only you can decide whether something is helping you, or hindering you - both from a diabetes numbers standpoint, and also from a mental health perspective.

Your diabetes - your rules 🙂

Hugs to you @HalfpipMarathon

No need to apologise for starting threads. I think members are just worried about you.

It's important for each of us to find our own 'diabetes toolkit' that works for us. And some things just won't ever 'fit' quite right for an individual. The same tech that gives motivation to continue working at BG management when it gives in-range numbers, can easily feel like a condemnation or discouragement when TIR drops despite the level of effort remaining the same.

Even if seemingly everyone finds a gizmo helpful (or uses it in a certain way) it doesn't necessarily mean it will be helpful for you to use it like that.

And only you can decide whether something is helping you, or hindering you - both from a diabetes numbers standpoint, and also from a mental health perspective.

Your diabetes - your rules 🙂
Thank you. I know some think type 2 don't need a cgm or flash glucose monitor unless you are on insulin but as you say my diabetes - my rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back