Thrush! NOT AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad someone else started this thread, because I was too embarrassed!

why be embarassed? its a problem that happens to most people in their lives anyway it just happens to us lot more 🙂

If it doesnt work (which i know is quite likely) do you think I should tell him what I think it is and what I need? I know doctors hate this because ive done it before hehe. HELP :(

Last edited:
My docotor hates to be told by me what I need, but we as patients often know what is best for us.

I think you may need to be persistent.

Are you working? Would your occupational healt providers help or perhaps you have a welfare officer or an employee assistance package whose advisors can hel?

If it doesnt work (which i know is quite likely) do you think I should tell him what I think it is and what I need? I know doctors hate this because ive done it before hehe. HELP :(

Katie, if it doesn't work then you need to tell him.
If you don't he will assume that the thrush has cleared up.

Prior to diagnosis I had thrush constantly for months. I saw a new GP at my practice who gave me a treatment which she said was not the norm but still allowed!
I had to take the oral tablet and 2 days later the internal cream. I had to repeat this process every 2 wk for 6 wk. I couldnt believe it, It worked!! Although quite expensive cos I didnt get free presiptions back then!
It might be worth discussing it a bit further with your GP cos I know how annoying thrush can be. Im 25 and diagnosed over a month ago but have been suffering with severe thrush since I was 15. My GP now asks me what I want to treat it with!

Good luck.x

umm, the usual symptoms 😛

Yeah I will go back again WHEN the stuff he has given me doesn't work. I did tell him that ive tried all of the things you can buy over the counter 🙄

I may print out something from the internet aswell to back me up - it seems that some people have had to give up eating bread and other carby foods (eeek).

i only ever had it when i was poor with my control and found that i had to make sure i washed very frequently. i also found that canasten didnt really work but the natural yoghurt did.

Oh I'm so glad others have found Caneston doesn't work, or even makes it worse. I thought I was the odd one out when the the qualified health "professional" told me Caneston can't make thrush worse! (Heck what did he know!).

I eventually found out that the Candida that causes thrush is always somewhere in our gut and it's when it gets out of balance INSIDE that we get the trouble on the outside so to effectively treat it you have to get rid of it in bothe places, that's probably why the cream doesn't always work.

Anyway, being a sufferer on and off for over 30 years I have now found something that works for me:
Flucanazole capsule (the big ones, 150g) plus Ecostatin Pessaries - for three nights.
So far this has worked even for my worst bouts.

I've also had a tip that taking Acidophylus helps prevent it (it's a prebiotic you get in those prebiotic drinks but I avoid them cos they seem to be full of carbs, but you can get it in tablet form from a health food shop). I haven't needed to try this yet so don't know the effect. (Tip from GUM clinic where GP suggested I went 'cos they're used to thrush problems)

Also (I will finish soon, honest), last time I was in a relationship and kept getting it a suggestion was to take Flucanazole 50g once a day for six months. Having been celebate for some time now (Ahh poor me!!!) I haven't had the need totry this one either. (Tip from GP)

And the best tip I can give is make sure you keep a stock of whatever you use in the cupboard so you can start treating it a.s.a.p. before it really takes hold, Grrr!

I've finished now - honest!

All the best

I had thrush before I was diagnosed and it was agnony!!! I found the oral tablet worked for me but the cream made the itching worse but, this may sound strange, sudocreme (yes the nappy rash cream) really worked on the itch.

Didn't really work for me but a friend of mine swears by natural yogurt on a tampon.

Sudacream

I swear by sudacream for thrush, it works instantly too :D

is thrush when you might need to wash at least 2 times a day but with no itching etc???

Coppied straight from t'internet:

Itching and burning

These are the most common symptoms of thrush and often the most distressing. Burning and itching can be so intense it is difficult to resist scratching, but scratching will only make the problem worse.

Soreness, swelling and pain

Thrush irritates the delicate tissue of the vagina and genital area, making it sore, swollen and red. As a result, it may be painful to urinate (urine will sting the inflamed tissue). It may also be painful to have sex. In some cases, anything that touches or rubs the area, including sitting and walking, can be painful.

Discharge

Discharge caused by thrush is usually (but not always) white and thicker than a woman?s regular discharge. The ?typical? discharge linked to thrush is yoghurt-like in appearance and smells strongly of yeast. Some women, however, have a watery or mild-smelling discharge. The amount can also vary from a little to a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back