• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Thoughts on the MyLife YpsoPump

Paulk69

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi! Can anyone share their exerience (good or bad) with the MyLife YpsoPump?

I was using Insight and loved the pump.
I have been on the ypsopump for about 2 months now. The pump is good, but it is not as fine tuneable as the Roche one. The amount of basal profiles is 2, which is fine as can put temporary basal rate on if required, but it is less than the other. The main difference is the use of symbols not words on the pump. I have got used to the symbols I use every day, but words would be useful sometimes. I had a cannula occlusion recently, which I have not really had for years, but the symbol that appeared might have been better if the word occlusion had been on the screen...
The feature I missed very much is the lag feature, but again this is something a lot of pumps do not have and I am learning to work round that.

The best thing for swapping to the ypsomed instead of the list of other pumps is the pumpcarts which are the same. This was a large part in deciding on which pump to choose. I am aware a lot of people are fine filling resevoirs but having always had the ready done cartridges it is something I was glad to be able to still use.

The customer service from ypsomed is great...

The handset was the blood meter with the insight and is not something that the ypsopump has. I have a unio neva to test blood. This can transfer the data to the mylife ypsopump app which has a bolus calculator and then can remote bolus using phone. It is slightly less direct than the roche, but it is working ok and it calculates quickly.
One of the most noticable differences at first was how quiet the pump is. It is so quiet that the only way of knowing bolus has done is from the app. The insight had a very set sound as insulin was delivered and the vibrating also...the ypsopump is almost silent, just a ticking if put next to you.
There are things that are not as good for me personally about the ypsomed one, but generally it is a good pump.

Thanks so much @curlygirl . What is the lag feature you mention? The 2 profile settings seems a bit of a shame. My last pump was a Minimed and I had 3 profiles set up on it. Are there any other limitations? I assume the MyLife has the various bolus types (normal, square and dual wave)?

I run and cycle a lot and love the fact that the pump is small and light. Also like the idea of quicker changes with the prefilled cartridges.

Hi Paul i have had my ypsomed since last June and am loving it , Yes there are 3 bolus types ,I have had 2 tube pumps and 1 patch (for 6 months) pump before and so far best pump overall ,At first it did take a while to get used to the symbols and no text but then i found it easy to navigate around the settings ,i do find setting up the 24 hr separate basal a bit time consuming toggling each hr,I find the orbit infusion sets are very good as you connect and disconnect at any angle , And changing insulin cartridge very quick compared to my past pumps i use the prefilled fiasp cartridges in the colder months witch for me last on average 5 days and fill my own in the summer as it gets very hot here in france and i have found it goes of after 3 days and is easy not to get bubbles witch was a real pain with my Medtronic 640,i have had 3 occlusions since June but is easy to change the infusion set if resetting does not work ,It is as they say very small and light you do forget you have it on, there are not many videos on line because it is very new pump
but i would suggest you download the user manual to see how it works as i did before deciding,I hope this has helped on deciding Yours Matchless.

No problem @Paulk69
The Insight had a lag feature which I thought all pumps had as that one was the only one I had before the current one, but actually it seems to be exclusive to roche. It meant you could check blood, calculate carbs and then say delay the start of the bolus by 15min or 30min etc. Very useful if bit low before meal etc
As @Matchless says it is very compact and has 3 types of bolus. The remote bolusing using the bluetooth meter and the app works ok. I think it can be used in a loop with dexcom g6, I do not, but it is good that the technology is there with the pump.

Thank you all for your inputs! I've decided to go for it and the order is being processed

Thank you all for your inputs! I've decided to go for it and the order is being processed
Wow. That's exciting. Keep us updated

Back