• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.
  • Take a look at our new Type 2 Diabetes Remission section on the Diabetes UK website: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/type-2-remission

This is strange

Lancsamb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My brother who lives in Ireland has no trouble at all getting victoza , but here in the uk there is still a shortage. How can this be right. Something weird is going on somewhere .

Are we talking about Northern Ireland or The Republic of Ireland? If Northern Ireland, it may be that they had more stores of it than in the UK and they haven't run out yet. With The Republic, I imagine their health care system is quite different and certainly I believe private clinics are still able to source some of these medications possibly because they pay a higher price than the NHS contract, so likely more chance of being supplied and no doubt in smaller quantities than the NHS.

Back