This Disease is beating me...need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff Ellowyne 🙂 They probably recommended splitting your levemir as it often (usually!) doesn't last the full 24 hours so there can be a gap between doses. Splitting it gives you a longer 'coverage' and should help to lower your fasting levels. I'm surprised they didn't explain more fully why you should try it - some people also have an uneven split so that (for example) they take more in one injection than the other. This can help when you are more insulin resistant at certain parts of the day so could do with more insulin.

Thank you Al 🙂

Although the Levimer is 'Split' It is given at the 'Same Time'...Like at 9pm, but just in 2 doses...She something about the body absorbing too much Insulin in One go?...She made it clear that they had to be given immidiately one after the other, not like one in the morning then evening like I have seen some people talk about on the forum...I am a bit confused by it, but decided to follow what she said. Please let me know if you may know why the split given at the same time...Have you heard of this before?

Thanks...Ellowyne x

Wow well done, those levels are so much better! So glad you managed to sort something out before next year!

Goodluck, I hope they come down even more soon 🙂

Hi Ellowyne , you are doing the right thing well done . The support here is great and its good to see you are benefitting from it 🙂

Thank you Al 🙂

Although the Levimer is 'Split' It is given at the 'Same Time'...Like at 9pm, but just in 2 doses...She something about the body absorbing too much Insulin in One go?...She made it clear that they had to be given immidiately one after the other, not like one in the morning then evening like I have seen some people talk about on the forum...I am a bit confused by it, but decided to follow what she said. Please let me know if you may know why the split given at the same time...Have you heard of this before?

Thanks...Ellowyne x

Hi Ellowyne, there is some logic in what she says and I have heard of others doing this. Generally though it is for people who are on much larger doses of levemir than you are - 34 is not a lot really, but it may be helping you to have it acting from two injection sites. When you see her next though it might be worth discussing if there would be a benefit in taking the injections at different times. 🙂

Hi Ellowyne, I've only just read this post as haven't been on much lately.

Sorry that you have been feeling so down with your BG readings but you seem to be doing a good job with your adjustments and your numbers are coming down nicely. Keep up the good work.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back