This blurry eye site is really getting me down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have the same problem when newly diagnosed with type 2 ….. and how long did it last and is there anything I can do to speed up getting my vision back to normal? Thanks
Blurry eye sight was my initial concern, but once I got my blood gloucose under control it cleared up, there is no easy fix sorry, saw an opthologist who explained the glugose levels enlarge the lens in your eye. It was really bad and I couldnt drive for a while due to it! But it does go away, it took about 8 weeks for me but once my glucose levels dropped and the medication ( metformin, but I have stopped this due to awful side effects) kicked in. I have to inject insulin before bed time and take alogliptin plus watch my diet. Your eyesight will get better x

This is a result of the blood glucose level changing which affects the environment in the eyes and the focal length as the eye changes shape, I'm not sure there is anything you can actually do other than wait for it to settle down, that will vary depending on the individual, my distance vision was fine but near vision took several months but for some people it is much quicker than that.
Just wanted to post an update to basically give encouragement to anyone suddenly affected by the blurred vision as i was.. my own eyesight has more or less returned to normal after 1 month of issues.. my blood readings are a regular 5ish and everything feels stable albeit with the need for tablets. My message really is to stress to anyone with their vision affected that it WILL come back sooner than later if you follow the rules. Its such a relief and hard to believe people who tell you this, but it's 100% correct.. be patient and do the right things.

Just wanted to post an update to basically give encouragement to anyone suddenly affected by the blurred vision as i was.. my own eyesight has more or less returned to normal after 1 month of issues.. my blood readings are a regular 5ish and everything feels stable albeit with the need for tablets. My message really is to stress to anyone with their vision affected that it WILL come back sooner than later if you follow the rules. Its such a relief and hard to believe people who tell you this, but it's 100% correct.. be patient and do the right things.
So pleased to hear this, mine is fi e now too but I do get a thumbprint grey dot from time to time if my BG is too high, its how I know to adjust things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back