Third Covid Vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems I’ve had a third dose rather than booster. I’m confused now!
TBF my invitation letter did mention I was receiving it as I was immunosuppressed. Looks like, as usual, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing!
@everydayupsanddowns I got my first Pfizer too.

TBF my invitation letter did mention I was receiving it as I was immunosuppressed. Looks like, as usual, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing!

Will be eggyg given your health issues, booster should follow.

I noticed the Health Minister was using both terms Booster and Third dose today which I think is sending mixed messages.

Reading through all the various sources of information, as I understand it now, some immuno-suppressed people have been identified as needing a 3rd jab, followed by a 4th booster in 6 months. Others like me will just have the 3rd booster tomorrow, exactly 6 months to the day from my 2nd. Speaking to my cousin last night, she and her husband have had 2 COVID jabs, 1 flu jab, 1 pneumonia jab and will have a 3rd jab next month. He needs the 4th booster as well. So a lot of sore arms around but I feel best safe than sorry!

Reading through all the various sources of information, as I understand it now, some immuno-suppressed people have been identified as needing a 3rd jab, followed by a 4th booster in 6 months. Others like me will just have the 3rd booster tomorrow, exactly 6 months to the day from my 2nd. Speaking to my cousin last night, she and her husband have had 2 COVID jabs, 1 flu jab, 1 pneumonia jab and will have a 3rd jab next month. He needs the 4th booster as well. So a lot of sore arms around but I feel best safe than sorry!
I think the messaging regarding this has not been clear. Listening to a radio phone in on people having problems accessing the booster injections, some are been reffered to their GP surgeries, but not all are involved in doing Covid vaccines. My own surgery is not involved we had our first, via another GP hub doing it, but a message appeared on my surgery website last week another GP hub is doing their boosters.

I had a call from my GP booking me in for my third covid vaccine, with the booster to follow in 6 months. I had been under the impression that the third vaccine was only for those immunocompromised but was told I am on the list due to having type 1 and rheumatology conditions. Has anyone else been offered the third vaccine due to having diabetes?
I'm immunosuppressed & having third vaccine then 6 mths later getting a booster. Its because I'm on prednisolone.
I'm in the grey area as my prednisolone isnt a high dose but with my other many illnesses, i was advised to get it.
My GP is very slow off the mark getting it to me, much to my cf Drs despair.
I also had a recent antibody test which showed i have some antibodies but not enough to cover me.
If you are offered the third vaccine then a booster i would definitely take it. We can't be too safe with this wicked virus.

We've had our 3rd jabs, which we assumed were our boosters and not expecting any more. We were also alleged to be getting our flu jabs but they hadn't got any for over 65s and were told to leave it at least a week between the Covid and the flu. She also refused to jab the arm with the Libre in it ! Said she was a Dr but must have had a very protected life.

So I had my third covid jab on Saturday, my first Pfizer too. I asked the GP about whether I would need a booster following this one as my text had said but she had no idea about there being a third vaccine and a booster for the immunocompromised! So basically I still don't know but will just see what happens. I had the worst side-effects from this jab, totally wiped out and in agony for 24 hours, but back to pretty much normal now.

Agony with your arm, perchance? - all of ours have been Pfizer, husband not a single side effect, 1st onw could hardly move my arm for c. 3 days, 2nd OK and booster a fortnight ago, could hardly move arm for 24 hrs again. It really is individual what if any side effects any of us have.

Agony with your arm, perchance? - all of ours have been Pfizer, husband not a single side effect, 1st onw could hardly move my arm for c. 3 days, 2nd OK and booster a fortnight ago, could hardly move arm for 24 hrs again. It really is individual what if any side effects any of us have.
Yes my arm was so sore. Agony all over too but that's because it flared my rheumatology condition also, at least it wasn't long lasting.

Took wife down on saturday & ended up getting booster myself, mentioned had type 1 so told get in line.

Very regimental, had to wait exactly 15mins after jab before leaving, guy was actually timing people & telling them when to go, bit like being back at school. No side effects not even sore arm & bg behaved afterwards.

All ours were Pfizer, so that's 45 minutes chatting to each other as quietly as you can 6ft apart and wearing masks we'll never get back! :D

The nurse called in as promised two days ago and gave us our booster jabs, and other than a slight discomfort in the upper arm no effects whatsoever, exactly the same as the others. And the flu jab a couple of weeks back. My NHS App duly reported the event and updated my status as fully fit to appear in society again. The world, of course, duly celebrated by sending torrential rain. Back to slobbing around wearing PJs till after lunch, then.

So glad I came across this thread. Seems I am not the only person who is confused. I had a text in October telling me I must contact my GP about my Covid vaccine. I did and the receptionist said I would get an invitation to book an appointment. 6months and 2 weeks after my second dose and I hadn't been invited for my booster and the site said I was not entitled to book! Contacted 119 and they said I couldn't have my booster till I had a 3rd dose!! I have had to contact my GP to get him to authorise a 3rd dose? Useless ringing them so have e mailed them as advised on the recorded message on the surgery phone line. Now a bit worried as it appears I am considered vulnerable/ immunosuppressed just how much immunity I currently have. Meanwhile hubby is going for his booster today.

So glad I came across this thread. Seems I am not the only person who is confused. I had a text in October telling me I must contact my GP about my Covid vaccine. I did and the receptionist said I would get an invitation to book an appointment. 6months and 2 weeks after my second dose and I hadn't been invited for my booster and the site said I was not entitled to book! Contacted 119 and they said I couldn't have my booster till I had a 3rd dose!! I have had to contact my GP to get him to authorise a 3rd dose? Useless ringing them so have e mailed them as advised on the recorded message on the surgery phone line. Now a bit worried as it appears I am considered vulnerable/ immunosuppressed just how much immunity I currently have. Meanwhile hubby is going for his booster today.
The being texted to get vaccination, and then been unable to do so seems to be acommonly reported problem. It has been brought up in the House of Commons, over a week ago.

Sitting here bored, while hubby watches rugby, so decided to try the NHS site again and miraculously it said I can now book a booster appointment !! Have booked at the centre we went to previously, but it is not until 3rd December.

Sitting here bored, while hubby watches rugby, so decided to try the NHS site again and miraculously it said I can now book a booster appointment !! Have booked at the centre we went to previously, but it is not until 3rd December.
That is good you have managed to book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back