There's a bloke down at the chip shop with a libre.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is intersting. I have a Motorola (no idea what model) which I like but not listed by Abbott so assumed it would not work, so I moved to an iphone which I hate apart from the camera being much better than the Motorola.... but then I don't take many photos so not a huge issue. Anyway, as a result of your post above, I went to my old Motorola that I would go back to in a heartbeat and tried the PlayStore in the hope that I could install LibreLink anyway, despite not being listed but it says "This app won't work for your device" and I don't seem to be able to install it. Did you manage to circumvent this somehow or is it just that my Motorola is too old do you think?
I'm on android 11 and I downloaded the latest version of the app from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/abbott-diabetes-care-inc/freestyle-librelink-gb/ . I am a tinkerer so if you are not comfortable downloading from unofficial sites you might want to give it a miss.

You may need to install an app called APK installer from the play store and put your phone into developer mode.

NB when companies state a device is not compatible it doesn't necessarily mean that. Often it just means they haven't physically tested that particular device themselves.

Young lady last week authorising our wine through self scan was wearing libre, didn't notice it myself it was wife who seen it.

Loved Kirstys songs, great voice & such a loss in tragic circumstances.

When our son was young (he’s 50 now) he used to sing along but thought the words were “There’s a guy works down the chip shop swears like Elvis”! Always made us laugh.
I have had the same experience with the “new” Libra 2 software as @Docb ’s friend. I think it’s great!

I'm running it on a Samsung A32 5g with no problems , alarms all working.
I am also using a 3rd party app alongside it so I can have my readings on my watch , they both happily share the Bluetooth connection with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back