There's a bloke down at the chip shop with a libre.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
As I have said before, I have trained my local chippie into provide me with a lightly battered fish and a mini portion of chips which means I can have a chippie tea on a Friday night that my system can cope with. Being a creature of habit I tend to get my tea at round about the same time and quite often meet and chat to a T1 who gets his Friday Chinese at the same establishment at the same time.

So it was last night, and he was telling me how pleased he was with the latest upgrade of the Libre software. No more scanning, just looks at his phone and everything is there and if there are any gaps he brings his phone near to the sensor and when it updates, low and behold, the gaps get filled in. He thinks it is absolutely brilliant. What I found really interesting is that he has a Motorola phone running what ever android they run on, suggesting to me that Abbott are getting to the bottom of the problems seen when the new software was introduced if used with something other than a mainstream phone.

Have the problems gone away for everybody?

I'm running on a Motorola G31 no problem. Not on compatibility list and never has been.

I've very recently installed the App on my phone which isn't on the list either being of forrin make - a Redmi summat, no idea which part of the East they come from - but anyway we both needed new phones as our old ones were years past their sell by dates and couldn't support Apps, read QR codes or let us search the internet from wherever we happened to be standing although we could both receive and make calls, send texts etc so we just made do rather than spend. Then husband decided he ought to upgrade. (I suspect he'd been badgered about it by a certain friend but much like Manuel, I know nothing Mr Fawlty!)

Can't tell you how well it receives the Libre readings, since I'd only just started a new sensor 24 hours previously, so will be the end of the month before I can test it - think you have to actually start em with the phone, don't you?

if there are any gaps he brings his phone near to the sensor and when it updates, low and behold, the gaps get filled in
I noticed that occasionally i've been getting gaps in the data. I've just tried scanning and its right, the gaps disappear.

I noticed that occasionally i've been getting gaps in the data. I've just tried scanning and its right, the gaps disappear.
I've got a permanent gap before bedtime that just won't fill - I scan during that particular period, but nope, the gap is still there. Not on the reader tho...bizarre. :confused: Tis Abbott witchcraft, I tell ye. :D

As I have said before, I have trained my local chippie into provide me with a lightly battered fish and a mini portion of chips which means I can have a chippie tea on a Friday night that my system can cope with. Being a creature of habit I tend to get my tea at round about the same time and quite often meet and chat to a T1 who gets his Friday Chinese at the same establishment at the same time.

So it was last night, and he was telling me how pleased he was with the latest upgrade of the Libre software. No more scanning, just looks at his phone and everything is there and if there are any gaps he brings his phone near to the sensor and when it updates, low and behold, the gaps get filled in. He thinks it is absolutely brilliant. What I found really interesting is that he has a Motorola phone running what ever android they run on, suggesting to me that Abbott are getting to the bottom of the problems seen when the new software was introduced if used with something other than a mainstream phone.

Have the problems gone away for everybody?
As long as the phone has an NFC (NearFoeld Communication) setting it will work whether it is on Abbots list ornot.

Just been hanging out the washing while singing Theres a guy works down the chip shop swears hes Elvis....!

Have the problems gone away for everybody
The only issue i have is if i leave my phone in another room, i get the signal loss screen and need to scan. Its not a problem but i never had it before the update.

Oh and @Docb - the bloke down our fish shop I remember turned out to be a liar, in which case, I'm most likely not sure about you?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
🙂

The bloke down our chip shop is entirely honest. He uses the same chip shop as me, and has a 12 year old pale blue, Honda Jazz automatic, just like me. He therefore must be a man of impeccable taste and sound judgement and so to be believed at all times.

Seriously though, we had had a few threads listing problems with the revised libre software with a lot of chuntering about Abbot. Since the fuss seems to have died down, I was wondering if Abbot had got their heads down, worked through the issues and fixed things with software updates. If so then good on them I say.

It's good, isn't it, when we can all reminisce and such a catchy tune how could anyone not remember the words.

Also, of course @Docb - the bloke you know only goes IN your chip shop so is obviously not the same man that swears he's Elvis that the rest of us know from ours and also know he's a liar!

I'm running on a Motorola G31 no problem. Not on compatibility list and never has been.
That is intersting. I have a Motorola (no idea what model) which I like but not listed by Abbott so assumed it would not work, so I moved to an iphone which I hate apart from the camera being much better than the Motorola.... but then I don't take many photos so not a huge issue. Anyway, as a result of your post above, I went to my old Motorola that I would go back to in a heartbeat and tried the PlayStore in the hope that I could install LibreLink anyway, despite not being listed but it says "This app won't work for your device" and I don't seem to be able to install it. Did you manage to circumvent this somehow or is it just that my Motorola is too old do you think?

That is intersting. I have a Motorola (no idea what model) which I like but not listed by Abbott so assumed it would not work, so I moved to an iphone which I hate apart from the camera being much better than the Motorola.... but then I don't take many photos so not a huge issue. Anyway, as a result of your post above, I went to my old Motorola that I would go back to in a heartbeat and tried the PlayStore in the hope that I could install LibreLink anyway, despite not being listed but it says "This app won't work for your device" and I don't seem to be able to install it. Did you manage to circumvent this somehow or is it just that my Motorola is too old do you think?
If your Motorola is old, it is likely to be running an old version of Android which is not compatible with LibreLink. This maybe because the app uses an Android feature introduced (or changed) in a later version or Abbott never tested it and don want to take the risk.
I am not surprised it works for later Motorolas though. The Android app uses Android features available on all phones using supported versions of the underlying operating system.
The iPhone version of the app is slightly different because it has to use Apple operating system (iOS) which may have different features to Android.

Still no alarms tho...:(...so Abbott haven't ironed out all the problems. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back