Theme Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hello Steffie, you have changed your name, like it.

Sorry not been around, am just totally snowed under and have no time to do anything I want to really. Am in constant touch with my buddy from up north but who is not there anymore (Bev) so am keeping up with things. I will try to pop in and out but sometimes life has to take precedent over the computer unfortunately. I keep up with some people on facebook which is lovely and I met the lovely Becky in York.

Hope everyone is well and ok. 🙂

Bev, just wanted to say 'damn you're good'.

I agree with all you have said totally.

Type 1 diabetes is still type 1 diabetes but the difference is the tools given today than years ago.

Hev - I can completely understand how you feel about being singled out. However, obviously I agree with Bev.

Some children don't want to be singled out but ask any child if they want to queue at a theme park and they will say no which is fantastic for us parents. If not queuing helps us make the day easier then that is a huge weight of our shoulders.

They don't let all the party through though. You have to juggle it. They generally give the 'disabled' person say a red stamp and all the rest of the party a black stamp. However they will only generally allow a maximum of 4 people per ride including the disabled person who HAS to go on each ride. If the disabled person doesn't go on a ride, then the rest of the party queue as normal.

On the quieter days or quieter rides they may allow 5, at a push 6 depending on the ride.

I know some people who now won't go to theme parks purely due to the diabetes as it has proved too hard with constant hypos etc and the parks (especially Chessington) do nothing to help. Where is the reasonable adjustment there I wonder !

🙂

He he - of course you agree with me - you taught me everything I know!:D🙂

p.s. Did you find where me Head lives per chance?.....

Well hello Steffie, you have changed your name, like it.

Sorry not been around, am just totally snowed under and have no time to do anything I want to really. Am in constant touch with my buddy from up north but who is not there anymore (Bev) so am keeping up with things. I will try to pop in and out but sometimes life has to take precedent over the computer unfortunately. I keep up with some people on facebook which is lovely and I met the lovely Becky in York.

Hope everyone is well and ok. 🙂

Thats fine hun come on when you can your missed alot, hope your little girl is doing well x

p.s. Did you find where me Head lives per chance?.....

Bev, I have no idea where your head is half the time hehehehehe :D

Thats fine hun come on when you can your missed alot, hope your little girl is doing well x

Thanks Steff, I miss you all too. Jessica is just fine. Her HbA1c is down to 7.4% now. We have worked damned hard to get it down there, it is a constant battle but we are going in the right direction yippee 🙂

Indeed, lovely to see you around, Adrienne! Was great meeting you, as well :D

Thought you might be interested to hear that I've got an appointment to talk about whether pumping might be right for me in just over a fortnight 🙂

Indeed, lovely to see you around, Adrienne! Was great meeting you, as well :D

Thought you might be interested to hear that I've got an appointment to talk about whether pumping might be right for me in just over a fortnight 🙂

How utterly fantastic. Are you up for it? I seem to remember you weren't sure, is that right?

Its the way to go.
🙂

I'm still not sure, and told them as much. I just explained my concerns over long term effects, both physically and emotionally of trying to get good control with really high insulin sensitivity. So they invited me to come in to pump clinic and talk it all through

I'm still not sure, and told them as much. I just explained my concerns over long term effects, both physically and emotionally of trying to get good control with really high insulin sensitivity. So they invited me to come in to pump clinic and talk it all through

Ah right, well you are talking to the right person then. Jessica is and always has been extemely insulin sensitive.

These new pumps, you can have such tiny tiny increments that it doesn't matter how sensitive you are, you can adjust it by minute bits.

Even our doc last week said he still couldn't believe how sensitive she was but then that is all to do with her real CHI condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back