The thing that still bothers me about having diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatting to my next door neighbours, they both have type 2 diabetes; the next house up his wife has Type 1 diabetes.
It's just a part of life, like a hobby. We read around the subject and converse with like minded individuals, with practice we sharpen our skills.

The thing that still bothers me about having diabetes… is the fact that I still have it!
I am lucky enough to have an immediate answer to myself, whenever I start to think why me: I'm grateful to be alive and (touch wood) now cancer free, surrendering my panc'y was an acceptable price. So that helps me quickly get out of that corner.
and that it takes up every corner of my mind. I wish it didn’t and I know it shouldn’t … but I can’t make it stop
But yes, most corners of my mind are pre-occupied about D issues. I have to do something physical and which needs my full attention to get any distance from D. So, in the garden digging doesn't help at all; but weeding around new plants or thinning seedlings concentrates my mind sufficiently. Walking doesn't help, unless it's a new route that I'm determined to memorise by finding interesting, memorable landmark points. Reading and admin correspondence don't help, unless the subject is truly enthralling - then I'll go cover to cover without stopping (or until an alarm sounds!!).
I can't switch my mind off - hence part of the attraction of mindfulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back