the only thing without any sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
so I'm taking a break from the libre partly due to them not working and partly due to anxiety but there are times when I think alarms would help because they sometimes before testing dismissed them for something else and overthinking I think I may of yesterday but after I did something realises I was actually was low(yes I know I shouldn't but you can kind of understand a bit when I'm getting told of for test strip usage) but partially at night alarms would help. so I guess I just can't win I worry with them and then without them I think it properly would have helped to know which way that number was going. I guess I'll figure something out.

There are pros and cons of everything @rayray119 Making a list can help. It’s not just the fact that you can then see the pros and cons written out, but the very process of writing them out can help clarify your thoughts.

There are pros and cons of everything @rayray119 Making a list can help. It’s not just the fact that you can then see the pros and cons written out, but the very process of writing them out can help clarify your thoughts.
although with all the failed sensors I got they weren't working anyway. i would also like to try something else at one point isn't an option obersoully that isn't an option.

although with all the failed sensors I got they weren't working anyway. i would also like to try something else at one point isn't an option obersoully that isn't an option.

I’d just keep on with your Libre break for now @rayray119 It will help you decide longterm. Sometimes what suits us as individuals isn’t the supposedly ‘best’ thing. Sometimes the basics eg finger-pricking, are what work best, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

There are no easy answers with Type 1. We all have to make our own choices about what works for us and our lives.

Ah @rayray119 :(

That’s a very familiar feeling. Facing two options, and having to work out the least worst

Hardly ideal!

Perhaps if you keep going with your break for a while it will become clearer for you whether the frustration of not having the data/alarms when it helps is a bigger thing for you than the frustration and anxiety connected to using the sensors?

Let us know how things go.

yeah I'm going to give it at least until my next appointment in about a month

Might be worth keeping a diary of how you feel each day. So that you can look back during your appointment.

Maybe even ‘Score’ your Diabetes Frustration and Diabetes Anxiety out of 10 each day, and note what has happened?

there may be a time when I'm able to not get so anxious about the arrows there have been times before I've got anxious about certain things but got over them eventually.

it's probably not the most convenient way to keep an eye on things at work though. then again the lirbe would have probably struggled to keep up at one point yesterday at work from 10.4 to 4.7 in just over an hour(probably because the being partially active I'm on my feet a lot at work. (evening scanning can take the focus of work though)

That drop from 10.4 to 4.7 looks more like an effect from insulin rather than work. An excess bolus for breakfast or lunch?

That drop from 10.4 to 4.7 looks more like an effect from insulin rather than work. An excess bolus for breakfast or lunch?
Or endogenous insulin from a honeymooning pancreas perhaps 🙄

hadn't eaten since morning it was before I had lunch. properly should I have dropped my morning livermir as well? I did this for evening one or taken more than half a unit of my breakfast to give me going or both. it was 13.9 before I started work(to which I got the comment "13s a bit a high isn't it 🙄" yeah properly too much insulin for the amount of activity

Do your employers ask about your readings when you start work? That is a bit intrusive if they do, or do you just volunteer the info?

Possibly a comment an HCP made when reviewing Ray's results? (rather than a comment by her employer)

Do your employers ask about your readings when you start work? That is a bit intrusive if they do, or do you just volunteer the info?
it wasn't management but someone signing people in. this time I just happened to it in front of them to check where I was before doing being active. and they saw the number(i don't know if they purposely looked or not)

i explained it was fine though and it just meant there was plenty of room to be active(or so I thought)

Possibly a comment an HCP made when reviewing Ray's results? (rather than a comment by her employer)
It was a comment from someone at work

I think if I'm able to think logically and not panic when I either see arrows straight up or down and just act accordingly(well more so act accordingly on the arrows down) a sensor. especially at work when I'm not always going to recognise going down myself because symptoms are similar to the effects of exercise. perhaps I just need a bit of time off to reset without giving them up completely. but they are only benefits if they stay working on the libre never did for me.

So my breaks ended earlier I rang about my episode earlier I they want to have one on.

And this person did say I may be able to get something else once thd update guidelines are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back